Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take you up on this question! So for the original gen1 that was tested in the Baja that had slight modifications performance wise what does the Gen2 have done to it? If any or is it a completely stock engine? How did the frame hold up? Is or was the issue with gen1 power steering solved in the gen2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think the truck that ran Baja was slightly modified? [emoji15] I think the only thing stock was the frame and some body panels 916b41560a6a7e1ceddc7880e9b0f1d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

^ and most importantly the digital mud graphics how can I forget

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You think the truck that ran Baja was slightly modified? [emoji15] I think the only thing stock was the frame and some body panels 916b41560a6a7e1ceddc7880e9b0f1d6.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Good lord! Now that looks like an actual factory race truck! Other would be race trucks (cough cough jen2) take note.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good lord! Now that looks like an actual factory race truck! Other would be race trucks (cough cough jen2) take note.

The Gen 2 race truck wasnt touted to be a "factory race truck", how hard is that to understand? It is a production truck being raced, big difference.

The average consumer doesnt care if a $200k+ "factory race truck" can win races because it has zero parts in common with the production model.

The Gen 2 has 95% of its parts in common with the production model, thats why it matters.

But by all means lets keep talking about how the Gen 2 production race truck doesnt compare to the Gen 1 fully modded factory race truck, thatll make for a productive conversation.

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok so from my understanding the gen1 as pictured was testing the engine frame and other key parts that would be thrown into production I'm not too sure but they had performance cams and headers. Which is why I asked that question. Now I'm not dumb or blind which is why I tried to be specific but I guess I wasn't specific enough when I said performance wise my bad..

Sent from iPhone

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some ppl work in the winter unlike me!

What's up ass clown we are an easy crowd to get a long with look at some who come in say hi get to know the vibe and make friends. So yes we don't let the ass clowns push us around. Next week I'll come back with a real insult.

Reaction score
I'll take you up on this question! So for the original gen1 that was tested in the Baja that had slight modifications performance wise what does the Gen2 have done to it? If any or is it a completely stock engine? How did the frame hold up? Is or was the issue with gen1 power steering solved in the gen2?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant speak for the Gen 1 test in baja, but all the Gen 2 has done to it is different coilover up front, and modified shocks in the rear. That is it. Like I have said before, it does have a steel fuel cell, roll cage, and some other safety items. Greg, the driver of the truck, said this is the most stock truck he has ever raced, and he has been racing in the stock classes for years. I asked him about the trans & he said it never got hot during the race, and thats just using the stock trans cooler.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I cant speak for the Gen 1 test in baja, but all the Gen 2 has done to it is different coilover up front, and modified shocks in the rear. That is it. Like I have said before, it does have a steel fuel cell, roll cage, and some other safety items. Greg, the driver of the truck, said this is the most stock truck he has ever raced, and he has been racing in the stock classes for years. I asked him about the trans & he said it never got hot during the race, and thats just using the stock trans cooler.

Gremlins aside it was good to see Ford out there doing this. Personally I would have liked to see a stock Raptor using stock 3.0 shocks just to further prove Ford's point though...