Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen 2 race truck wasnt touted to be a "factory race truck", how hard is that to understand? It is a production truck being raced, big difference.

The average consumer doesnt care if a $200k+ "factory race truck" can win races because it has zero parts in common with the production model.

The Gen 2 has 95% of its parts in common with the production model, thats why it matters.

But by all means lets keep talking about how the Gen 2 production race truck doesnt compare to the Gen 1 fully modded factory race truck, thatll make for a productive conversation.

Lol but it didn't actually race anything! How can it be a race truck? You're right the average consumer wouldn't care about a highly modded race truck vs a factory truck. But the average consumer is also generally not impressed by a "race truck" that doesn't race any other trucks hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol but it didn't actually race anything! How can it be a race truck? You're right the average consumer wouldn't care about a highly modded race truck vs a factory truck. But the average consumer is also generally not impressed by a "race truck" that doesn't race any other trucks hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#becausemurphysaidso

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol but it didn't actually race anything! How can it be a race truck?

This should be an accomplishment for Ford in itself. Think about it, no other manufacturers have anything currently on the market that would be able to compete against the Raptor in these particular races. When Ford says "its in a class all of its own" they are pretty correct in that assumption.

I see it as a win for Ford and a win for the consumer.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This should be an accomplishment for Ford in itself. Think about it, no other manufacturers have anything currently on the market that would be able to compete against the Raptor in these particular races. When Ford says "its in a class all of its own" they are pretty correct in that assumption.

I see it as a win for Ford and a win for the consumer.

I'm not a ford fan boy, I don't care about ford for the most part. By the logic that ford put it in a race, where it had no competition, and call it a race truck. Could I not slap some coilovers and led's on a corolla, drive it around Daytona a couple times, and call it a race car?

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a ford fan boy, I don't care about ford for the most part. By the logic that ford put it in a race, where it had no competition, and call it a race truck. Could I not slap some coilovers and led's on a corolla, drive it around Daytona a couple times, and call it a race car?

Yup.

And isn't there a term for that... a word for that... when you're doing something that normally involves others and your just doing it solo with yourself? What is that again that Ford is doing here.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup you sure could. A car doesnt need to have $500k into it to classify it as a race car.

You might be interested in this race series.

You're missing the point, said carolla is not racing anything in that scenario, just like this truck.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Yup.

And isn't there a term for that... a word for that... when you're doing something that normally involves others and your just doing it solo with yourself? What is that again that Ford is doing here.

************, it's called ************ lol

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're missing the point, said carolla is not racing anything in that scenario, just like this truck.

I think youre stuck on the semantics of this argument.

They should have called it the "2017 Raptor test truck that is being entered into various races to prove its a strong and capable vehicle and to test the vehicle some more before production". And then they could say "any manufacturer is welcome to come test/race against us."

All of that doesnt sound as cool as "2017 Raptor Race Truck" now does it? Marketing, its called marketing.

Still proves the Raptor is class leading and they are willing to prove it. By not having anyone to race against says enough.