Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think youre stuck on the semantics of this argument.

They should have called it the "2017 Raptor test truck that is being entered into various races to prove its a strong and capable vehicle and to test the vehicle some more before production". And then they could say "any manufacturer is welcome to come test/race against us."

All of that doesnt sound as cool as "2017 Raptor Race Truck" now does it? Marketing, its called marketing.

Still proves the Raptor is class leading and they are willing to prove it. By not having anyone to race against says enough.

I think I would have preferred that name, at least they wouldn't be liars

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol but it didn't actually race anything! How can it be a race truck? You're right the average consumer wouldn't care about a highly modded race truck vs a factory truck. But the average consumer is also generally not impressed by a "race truck" that doesn't race any other trucks hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not a ford fan boy, I don't care about ford for the most part. By the logic that ford put it in a race, where it had no competition, and call it a race truck. Could I not slap some coilovers and led's on a corolla, drive it around Daytona a couple times, and call it a race car?

I think I would have preferred that name, at least they wouldn't be liars

the 2017 raptor is on the race tracks perrring around with there v6 to see if it can make it. they where hopping to finish all the race tracks in the amount of time allowed, this I understand.
v6 raptor 0
race track 1

hope that changes fast

and ass clowns I don't care it was wiring the Gen 1 had the same problem but got it up and going. shit will happen we all know this...

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After reading all this nonsense the last few months, I'm kinda wishing Ford had never come out with then Jen 2

Well, it would get pretty boring without something to argue about wouldn't it? I see this as a healthy outlet to communicate about what we like and dislike about the new Gen 2. We all assume that Ford will get their shit wired tight eventually, and if they don't, then we'll all be arguing on some other forum about whatever else is the next best thing to peanut butter.

For now though, it seems this is the place for entertainment, and if I don't want to look at the BS, then I just don't open this thread......

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think for some of us, like myself, I'm holding this new Raptor to a very high standard. When you're going against the best stock truck ever built, you have to prove yourself every step of the way. If I'm ever going to get one as a 'second' Raptor, It'll have to wow me in every facet and this BITD is just one part. I'm less than enamored with the looks and of course the engine. It had better be flawless for the rest of the season because I'm looking for reliability for the long haul.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A mod should really just close this thread since its just turned into a disaster like every other Gen 2 thread.