Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Gen 2 raptor looks great and I'm excited to see what people do with it. Here in west Texas there are turbo diesels left and right and plenty of Eco boost f-150's out in the field. It's pretty dry and dusty and I don't know anyone that has issues bc of that. Main thing is changing our air filters every 1-2 months. So for the majority of people, I'm sure it'll be reliable. I'll be keeping my Gen 1 until it needs a new engine and then I'll get me a Gen 2 for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anything in particular that you would like to know?

I'll take you up on this question! So for the original gen1 that was tested in the Baja that had slight modifications performance wise what does the Gen2 have done to it? If any or is it a completely stock engine? How did the frame hold up? Is or was the issue with gen1 power steering solved in the gen2?

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll take you up on this question! So for the original gen1 that was tested in the Baja that had slight modifications performance wise what does the Gen2 have done to it? If any or is it a completely stock engine? How did the frame hold up? Is or was the issue with gen1 power steering solved in the gen2?

And IWEs and the 4x4? Has this thing seen any 4x4 time and if so how many IWEs have they changed? Even the original Gen 1 race truck had problems.