Baofeng or ETekCity UV-5R programming instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had issues with the uv-5r+ on the Ocotillo Wells trip. The other people could hear me but I could not hear them. The radio lights up with a strong receive signal but I hear no audio from the other person. The LED shows "CT" indicating that CTCSS is enabled for the weatherman channel, for instance. I think that is the cause but I can't figure out how to turn it off. It's only enabled for certain channels.

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did use your frequency file. However, I'm not yet certain if it's that or a button I may have accidentally pressed. I'm googling to try to figure it out, I don't see any CTCSS type settings in your file.

*Edit* After doing some reading online it does appear to be the settings in your file. Most channels' tone mode is set to...

•TSQL: A single CTCSS tone is transmitted, receive squelch is tone-coded to the same tone. The tone used is that which is set in the ToneSql column.

I think if you set the tone mode to None or Tone it might solve the problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slacker

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured out what was causing the CT setting and I just updated the file in the original post. Give that a shot.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does everyone find these sufficient for the most part? I am thinking of going with a vehicle mounted setup but much rather go this route.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk