Baofeng or ETekCity UV-5R programming instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The radio in the link doesn't look like it comes with a charger? There is a picture of a charger but it doesn't mention one in the description.

OP
OP
Slacker

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That link is from my purchases. It came with the charging base and power plug, USB programming cable, and cd with Chirp in addition to the radio, battery and rubber duck antenna.

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blue Flame Baofeng. Programmed! Slacker, thanks for the Chirp file and all the instructions. I couldn't get your driver installation procedure to work on my Windows 7 64bit system. I started at step 7 as I hadn't plugged in the programming cable yet but no matter what I did (even starting at step 1) my system would never give me the "Rollback Driver" button enabled. I followed the instructions here for installing the driver and used your instructions for everything else.

Attachments

• baofeng.jpg
    baofeng.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 67

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Slacker and Raptor Steve. I had to use both of your files to get it to work on my Windows 7 but it is awesome! Champions! Would have NEVER been able to do this without your all's help.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Slacker and Raptor Steve. I had to use both of your files to get it to work on my Windows 7 but it is awesome! Champions! Would have NEVER been able to do this without your all's help.

Hey Sir, this means you'll have comms on the Ocotillo run next weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk