BannisteR’s Intro ‘13 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BannisteR

Reaction score
Hello FRF!

Stoked to finally own a Raptor, been drooling over them since they came out. I picked up a ‘13 SCREW w/ 148k on the clock. Pretty much stock, it had some cheap American Outlaw wheels on worn out Toyo Open Country’s. Driving the 4 hours home on the loud and worn Toyo's I decided I needed new tires. I ordered a set of Method 701’s in machine finish and Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s. I was able to hold a conversation in the truck now and felt the suspension needing to be addressed soon, also now understanding why the Toyo's were so worn out like they were.

Future plans for now is a suspension refresh, either Fox or King 3.0’s, upper control arms, Deavers, new bushings and ball joints. Then cooling, probably go with a FullRace radiator, trans cooler and a PS cooler. Looking to upgrade the Sync2 to 3 as well. A little refresh on the headlights, I plan to pull apart the factory HID ones, clean up and re-clear the lenses as these are pretty cloudy and sun beaten. If the lenses are too far gone just get some aftermarkets to swap the lenses and keep the OEM housings.

I've had numerous vehicles to include a Japanese 100 Series Land Cruiser, 4th Gen 4Runner, '98 Integra Type R, S13 Silvia K's, S15 Silvia Spec R and currently own a Toyota Chaser, Toyota Altezza, Honda CR-X and a '63 Baja bug thats on the chopping block to fund some suspension upgrades for the Raptor.

Attachments

• IMG_1452.jpeg
    IMG_1452.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and those new Methods look good, very clean.