Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly do they change considering the trucks are the exact same exterior lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're talking after market lighting, right?

They could and will change everything over time. That's why they have an engineering team :).

Reflectors, beam patterns, lumens, circuit boards, housings, heat sinks, brackets, lenses, mounting hardware. It'll all change/improve over time and some of these improved/new items will be available for us to open our piggy banks for as 2018 new items.

I look forward to the new.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Baja designs are all your lights alum housings? Its been awhile since I looked at your site. I'm thinking of the fog light pkg, the pro set.

Yes. All of our LED Lights feature a Machined or Cast Aluminum housing. Here is FRF pricing on the Pro Kit:
Pro - $1,299.95 ------ $1,169.95 (SKU: 447566)
2 - S2 Sport, Wide Cornering
2 - Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo
2 - Squadron Pro, Spot

BD. When will you guys do your new model year introductions? I've got an '18 Raptor coming and I am willing to bet that your engineers are busy on new products.

I'm going to say our 2017 Raptor kits will fit fine without any modifications. I haven't seen a 2018 to verify if there are any differences that would impact fitment.
If you know of any exterior changes to the vehicle please post up.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Reflectors, beam patterns, lumens, circuit boards, housings, heat sinks, brackets, lenses, mounting hardware. It'll all change/improve over time and some of these improved/new items will be available for us to open our piggy banks for as 2018 new items.

These kinds of changes will be posted up as they become available. We are constantly improving our products in order to provide the best lights on the market. A few things are coming down the pipeline but I won't have details until closer to August or September

*Hint: It'll be a NEW Series of light from Baja Designs

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We're talking after market lighting, right?

They could and will change everything over time. That's why they have an engineering team :).

Everything changes over time, that was not your question.

I look forward to new stuff as well, I just don't have unrealistic expectations for a minor model refresh, nor do I expect them to post details on their unreleased products.

Last edited:

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything changes over time, that was not your question.

I look forward to new stuff as well, I just don't have unrealistic expectations for a minor model refresh, nor do I expect them to post details on their unreleased products.

Can we just be friends? I simply wanted to know when they make their new model intros.

BTW. How do you like those backup lights? They are high on my list.