Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bailey,

For us existing customers...is there a better mounting plate that does not have the lights so far recessed?

Although clearance will be VERY tight you can try flipping the stainless mounting brackets. By doing so the lights will be pushed forward in the pocket about 5/8".
I believe the lights will contact the bumper but we haven't fully tested to confirm. If you do flip the bracket you MAY have to drill into the mount in order to get the light to clear the bumper.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
[email protected]

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although clearance will be VERY tight you can try flipping the stainless mounting brackets. By doing so the lights will be pushed forward in the pocket about 5/8".
I believe the lights will contact the bumper but we haven't fully tested to confirm. If you do flip the bracket you MAY have to drill into the mount in order to get the light to clear the bumper.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
[email protected]

Thanks Bailey...ok, so to be clear, you are NOT talking about flip flopping the black mounting brackets, but JUST the stainless steel BD individual brackets that actually mount the lights to the black mounting bracket that bolts to the truck correct?

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Bailey...ok, so to be clear, you are NOT talking about flip flopping the black mounting brackets, but JUST the stainless steel BD individual brackets that actually mount the lights to the black mounting bracket that bolts to the truck correct?

Correct. Only flip the Stainless mounting brackets that secure the housing of the light to the mounting surface.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get an answer on the BD Unlimited lights. It looks like the Squadron Racer in spot is LESS lumens than the Squadron Pro spot...Is this right?

What is the difference, the lens?

I am leaning towards the unlimited lights, but am wondering why the racer is less powerful.

Thanks!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hoping to get an answer on the BD Unlimited lights. It looks like the Squadron Racer in spot is LESS lumens than the Squadron Pro spot...Is this right?

What is the difference, the lens?

I am leaning towards the unlimited lights, but am wondering why the racer is less powerful.

Thanks!

The actual lumen output of the Squadron Racer Edition vs the Squadron Pro is slightly less (4,300 lumens vs 4,900 lumens), but the Racer Edition uses a tighter optic design to project the light 40% further than the Pro.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FORUM SPECIAL - FREE SHIPPING UNTIL 7/14

We are offering FREE shipping to the Lower 48 if you call (800)422-5292x114 to order!
This will be combined with a 10% Forum Discount and is ONLY valid if you call the number above or email [email protected]

Please mention the "Forum Special" when ordering

Thank You for all of the continued support! We really appreciate it!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Thanks for all of the orders! This Forum Special is still valid until 7/14!!! Get your orders in now to save 10% and FREE Shipping.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
[email protected]
(800)422-5292x114

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I will put this here too. The Onyx 6 light bar is a really easy install. Haven't tested at night yet, but it looks real stealthy behind the grill.

No interference with the active shutters and you can run the wires, even inside a conduit, forward of the light toward the passenger side and connections.

ce1c0bc34d03c915b71cb1f8d757a425.jpg

72c6a9b047ae22151909fa59814d63ad.jpg

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I guess I will put this here too. The Onyx 6 light bar is a really easy install. Haven't tested at night yet, but it looks real stealthy behind the grill.

No interference with the active shutters and you can run the wires, even inside a conduit, forward of the light toward the passenger side and connections.

ce1c0bc34d03c915b71cb1f8d757a425.jpg

72c6a9b047ae22151909fa59814d63ad.jpg

I want that little light bar so bad but I'm worried it will interfere with the air flow of the intercooler being that I live in AZ. I like your setup smurf it looks good [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It has been a while since I installed mine but there is a slotted nut on the bracket that allows for some fore and aft movement. If I recall correctly each light can be moved fore and aft, but I might be remembering incorrectly.