Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can we just be friends? I simply wanted to know when they make their new model intros.

BTW. How do you like those backup lights? They are high on my list.

Of course we can, I don't take this stuff personally and no-one will ever be 100% in agreement on everything!

I really like the BD lights I have in both the front and in the rear. In fact, I'm debating in my head whether to buy the 10" or 30" light bar for the grill. Haven't decided yet, but it will definitely be one of the BD offerings.

BD does, in my opinion, the best job of putting together a high quality light in a package that is well thought out so as to be a super easy installation. In my limited experience with their products I give them some extremely high marks. I'll continue to look to them first for all of my vehicle lighting.

The things I like about the BD backup lights. (All of their lights have similar qualities)

1. Requires no modifications
2. Super easy to install and includes the necessary wiring
3. Super bright and will really help backing out of a predicament
4. Look nice and blend in well with the truck

Below are the fronts and rears on my truck.

p2376677298-5.jpg

p2376677551-5.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FORUM SPECIAL - FREE SHIPPING UNTIL 7/14

We are offering FREE shipping to the Lower 48 if you call (800)422-5292x114 to order!
This will be combined with a 10% Forum Discount and is ONLY valid if you call the number above or email [email protected]

Please mention the "Forum Special" when ordering

Thank You for all of the continued support! We really appreciate it!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score

p2376677298-5.jpg

HK, can you post a few up close pics of your fog pockets...from the side...your lights (at least in that pic) look a lot more flush with your bumper...I don't like how mine are so far recessed. Thanks.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

I really like the BD lights I have in both the front and in the rear. I

BD does, in my opinion, the best job of putting together a high quality light in a package that is well thought out so as to be a super easy installation. In my limited experience with their products I give them some extremely high marks. I'll continue to look to them first for all of my vehicle lighting.

p2376677298-5.jpg

Not sure if you saw this or had time...but I attempted to pull my lights and the BD brackets out (not an issue), but then to flip flop the mounting brackets from left to right so that the bottom mounting tab was facing forward b/c with it backwards the lights are wayyyy too recessed...but with the brackets flip flopped the middle light will not fit against the Raptor bumper...the inside and outside lights work...with the outside being a tight squeeze, and the inside fitting mint...

But not sure what you did or used b/c your lights looks great/flush to the actual Fog pockets so looking for help on that part of it...the dealer I had do the install did them per the instructions so it's not an installed backwards type issue...

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Not sure if you saw this or had time...but I attempted to pull my lights and the BD brackets out (not an issue), but then to flip flop the mounting brackets from left to right so that the bottom mounting tab was facing forward b/c with it backwards the lights are wayyyy too recessed...but with the brackets flip flopped the middle light will not fit against the Raptor bumper...the inside and outside lights work...with the outside being a tight squeeze, and the inside fitting mint...

But not sure what you did or used b/c your lights looks great/flush to the actual Fog pockets so looking for help on that part of it...the dealer I had do the install did them per the instructions so it's not an installed backwards type issue...

Being recessed is normal and there is little room for any difference in the kit besides the slots. I think they my just look more to you because he is also using the amber covers, which add a little bit more to the face. It could also just be the difference between pictures and in person.

Just make sure you have everything forward-most at each slot before final torque. If that's still not good enough for you, then you may need to elongate the slots to your liking.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being recessed is normal and there is little room for any difference in the kit besides the slots. I think they my just look more to you because he is also using the amber covers, which add a little bit more to the face. It could also just be the difference between pictures and in person.

Just make sure you have everything forward-most at each slot before final torque. If that's still not good enough for you, then you may need to elongate the slots to your liking.

Thanks man. I was actually thinking about this in bed lol...and I think I am going to try some spacers in between their bracket and the truck to "push" back on the bracket and see if I can't use the brackets flip flopped which should have them just about flush...and I also thought about drilling out those hole slots for some more play (b/f torquing down like you said) but I know without a drill press that's usually a nightmare....

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FORUM SPECIAL - FREE SHIPPING UNTIL 7/14

We are offering FREE shipping to the Lower 48 if you call (800)422-5292x114 to order!
This will be combined with a 10% Forum Discount and is ONLY valid if you call the number above or email [email protected]

Please mention the "Forum Special" when ordering

Thank You for all of the continued support! We really appreciate it!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Quick Reminder!

Free shipping and 10% OFF MSRP! Call (800)422-5292x114 today.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
[email protected]