Axle problem on 2017 Raptors (news)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My production date was bumped up a few days last week when my window sticker became available and Ford service just told me its in production so no delay here. I'm kinda starting to this this rumor is bs especially since nothing concrete has been presented, kind of like the whole carbon fiber thing. If I listed to all the rumor I would've removed the CF package and as it turns out mine hasn't been delayed at all from the CF package, either way I guess we'll see...

JDog

Reaction score
My production date was bumped up a few days last week when my window sticker became available and Ford service just told me its in production so no delay here. I'm kinda starting to this this rumor is bs especially since nothing concrete has been presented, kind of like the whole carbon fiber thing. If I listed to all the rumor I would've removed the CF package and as it turns out mine hasn't been delayed at all from the CF package, either way I guess we'll see...

Carbon fiber was true. My dealer said his Ford Rep called him and told him to tell me if I wanted my order to be pulled I need to remove CF. I did so and the next time orders were pulled my VIN was assigned. Now that's not to say that no CF orders were pulled, but I firmly believe there was a shortage based on my experience above.

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carbon fiber was true. My dealer said his Ford Rep called him and told him to tell me if I wanted my order to be pulled I need to remove CF. I did so and the next time orders were pulled my VIN was assigned. Now that's not to say that no CF orders were pulled, but I firmly believe there was a shortage based on my experience above.

I read about that online but I never received a call and my order went forward with no delay. IDK maybe my dealer sucks and didnt contact me or maybe it was pulled already IDK but there just seems to be a lot of rumors circulating all over this forum on the gen 2s lately. I'll wait and see what happens before I really start getting concerned which is more what I meant regarding the CF comment.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AH all the new guys do not know how many member here actually work at Ford and while most times they themselves are not able to post the info it does not stop them from sharing it with friends who then can leak it. Lets just say at least 1 member of this Forum has been driving around a Preproduction raptor almost a year ago as part of his job.

You can be sure they had a stop order on the production line for the Raptor

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Cletus, ya think we got the DNC running round sabotaging our Reptars at DTP?

Love, Billy-Ray-Bob

colt.smithson

Reaction score
AH all the new guys do not know how many member here actually work at Ford and while most times they themselves are not able to post the info it does not stop them from sharing it with friends who then can leak it. Lets just say at least 1 member of this Forum has been driving around a Preproduction raptor almost a year ago as part of his job.

You can be sure they had a stop order on the production line for the Raptor

"You can be sure they had a stop order on the production line for the Raptor"

Very cryptic... can you clarify what you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Simple, the Production stop for the Raptor was ordered. As for specific details those have not been clarified to the public yet. The people working at ford that leaked the stoppage have not gotten very specific on the issue due to the fact they really are not allowed to talk about it. I would not risk my job to release specifics so why should they. what the effect of the stop will be on Production of the raptor remains to be seen, could just delay things a few days or much longer depending on what the actual issue is and what the fix is to the issue.