AutotecPro 14.4" Screen - Install and Tech Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
XSTNKT

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I wanted one of these, but most of the comments have me leaning towards keeping the stock screen
I can understand that, honestly. If you want total "plug and play" and aren't particularly "tech-y", then it's probably best to stay with OEM. For me, I wanted the big screen. I almost bought a Ram because of that item alone (and I was a MOPAR person for over 10 years before coming back to my senses). I like to tinker with things too, so it works for me. There is nothing WRONG with the units.... there is just so many combinations of things you can do with them, it can be a little overwhelming.

I'm currently testing a Mint Mobile data card in the Autotec. The purpose is to completely move away from CarPlay. Being a silly person, the only reason for that is CarPlay has too many nanny-state BS "features" like not being able to show a widget for a weather app on screen. Dumb. So, I'm going full Android and using Nova Launcher to design the screen layout exactly as I want it. Like I said, you will need to tinker around with things....

Happy Independence Day, in any case. :)

sbradle4

Reaction score
I can understand that, honestly. If you want total "plug and play" and aren't particularly "tech-y", then it's probably best to stay with OEM. For me, I wanted the big screen. I almost bought a Ram because of that item alone (and I was a MOPAR person for over 10 years before coming back to my senses). I like to tinker with things too, so it works for me. There is nothing WRONG with the units.... there is just so many combinations of things you can do with them, it can be a little overwhelming.

I'm currently testing a Mint Mobile data card in the Autotec. The purpose is to completely move away from CarPlay. Being a silly person, the only reason for that is CarPlay has too many nanny-state BS "features" like not being able to show a widget for a weather app on screen. Dumb. So, I'm going full Android and using Nova Launcher to design the screen layout exactly as I want it. Like I said, you will need to tinker around with things....

Happy Independence Day, in any case. :)
I’m certainly techy, but I don’t want buggy; especially for the pricetag. I came from a 2021 Grand Cherokee L that was nothing but buggy