AutotecPro 14.4" Screen - Install and Tech Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
XSTNKT

XSTNKT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I wanted one of these, but most of the comments have me leaning towards keeping the stock screen
I can understand that, honestly. If you want total "plug and play" and aren't particularly "tech-y", then it's probably best to stay with OEM. For me, I wanted the big screen. I almost bought a Ram because of that item alone (and I was a MOPAR person for over 10 years before coming back to my senses). I like to tinker with things too, so it works for me. There is nothing WRONG with the units.... there is just so many combinations of things you can do with them, it can be a little overwhelming.

I'm currently testing a Mint Mobile data card in the Autotec. The purpose is to completely move away from CarPlay. Being a silly person, the only reason for that is CarPlay has too many nanny-state BS "features" like not being able to show a widget for a weather app on screen. Dumb. So, I'm going full Android and using Nova Launcher to design the screen layout exactly as I want it. Like I said, you will need to tinker around with things....

Happy Independence Day, in any case. :)

sbradle4

Reaction score
I can understand that, honestly. If you want total "plug and play" and aren't particularly "tech-y", then it's probably best to stay with OEM. For me, I wanted the big screen. I almost bought a Ram because of that item alone (and I was a MOPAR person for over 10 years before coming back to my senses). I like to tinker with things too, so it works for me. There is nothing WRONG with the units.... there is just so many combinations of things you can do with them, it can be a little overwhelming.

I'm currently testing a Mint Mobile data card in the Autotec. The purpose is to completely move away from CarPlay. Being a silly person, the only reason for that is CarPlay has too many nanny-state BS "features" like not being able to show a widget for a weather app on screen. Dumb. So, I'm going full Android and using Nova Launcher to design the screen layout exactly as I want it. Like I said, you will need to tinker around with things....

Happy Independence Day, in any case. :)
I’m certainly techy, but I don’t want buggy; especially for the pricetag. I came from a 2021 Grand Cherokee L that was nothing but buggy

Nacho226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought one about an hour ago. Crossing my fingers I won't be disappointed and or dissatisfied

0341Marine

Reaction score
I've been having nothing but problems with the sync/ rear camera aspect of this tablet. Major freezing issues. No rhyme or reason when it happens and sometimes a rest fixes it sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to pull out the tablet this weekend to see if the connector is loose. I have read online that it could be the sync module itself. Using just the tablet has been great with few issues. I much prefer the larger screen for Waze and Sirius. Honestly if there was no issue with the reverse camera I'd be 100% happy.

I'll report back once I can find the time to troubleshoot.

OP
OP
XSTNKT

XSTNKT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been having nothing but problems with the sync/ rear camera aspect of this tablet. Major freezing issues. No rhyme or reason when it happens and sometimes a rest fixes it sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to pull out the tablet this weekend to see if the connector is loose. I have read online that it could be the sync module itself. Using just the tablet has been great with few issues. I much prefer the larger screen for Waze and Sirius. Honestly if there was no issue with the reverse camera I'd be 100% happy.

I'll report back once I can find the time to troubleshoot.
There is a procedure for setting up the rear camera if it's buggy. It's included in the AutoTec instructions online. But, for sure check connections!

0341Marine

Reaction score
There is a procedure for setting up the rear camera if it's buggy. It's included in the AutoTec instructions online. But, for sure check connections!
It's the stock rear camera, not an add on and the issue isn't just the camera it is sync in general. Where can I find those instructions to look at the procedure?

OP
OP
XSTNKT

XSTNKT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the stock rear camera, not an add on and the issue isn't just the camera it is sync in general. Where can I find those instructions to look at the procedure?
There was a QR code in the box. I'll see if I can take a pic of it tonight.

0341Marine

Reaction score
Well for anyone reading this as usual the simple answer was the solution. I opened up the dash and pulled out the tablet/radio and rechecked all the connections and did a bit of a better job with cable/wire routing. Since doing this I have had absolutely no issues. To anyone having issues with sync/ rearview camera freezing or turning black I's suggest you do the same. I also find that the best way to utilize this tablet is to have your phone paired via bluetooth to either the tablet or sync...not both. I bought a T-Mobile data only sim and could not be happier with this, never realized how much I would like the larger maps for nav via the tablet/ android auto and using the Sirius app on the tablet. My kids like that they can watch youtube while we drive lol

Nacho226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just received and installed my Aliexpress “Autotec” screen. Shipping took exactly 7 days and from the 10 minutes I played with it I’ve had no issues. Fingers crossed it doesn’t shit itself any time soon. And yes…it’s much bigger in person :anitoof:
DA12301D-662A-4C5A-A8D7-EBEBEA399D81.jpeg