Automatic carwash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the insert in the Raptor only supplement that came with the owners manual about not using an automatic car wash due to the trucks enormous width. lol

My salesman actually made sure and explained that about 456465 times. haha Didnt stop us.

I read the manual cover to cover before I took delivery of my truck, and that little warning jumped out at me. I'd rather wash my own truck, anyway.

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found an 18 wheeler indoor wash at a truck stop nearby. $20 and they actually take great care and do a nice job in about 5 minutes - probably because they love the Raptor

SteVesTruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stock 2013 fits through the Delta Sonic in Palatine, IL. Because the tuxedo black is so hard to keep clean (specially with the salt the throw down here in winter) I need to wash my truck OFTEN so I pay the monthly fee for unlimited car washes and run it thru about 3 or 4 times a week. When it warms up I will wash it by hand.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys...!!!
If you buy a Raptor and then expect to take it to an Automatic Car Wash...then somethin, somewhere is very wrong...and I feel pity!
Do some work and wash the damn truck by hand!

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my raptor fits through a tidal wave touchelss wash.... looks like shit still after but it got the salt off in the winter.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DO NOT GIVE UP! There are some out there just be careful and have your tape measure... There is one here that I can use near the house.......

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wash all my cars by hand. If you want them to stay nice, stay away from car washes.

And spend a little time on sites like autogeek and adamspolishes instruction videos. Learn how to do it right, and which tools, chemicals, etc, you will need to cut through the filth without scratching up the paint & making swirls, how to protect the paint, etc.

I realize the truck is designed to run hard in rough environments, but it doesn't have to look like shit or just have salt left on it.