Automatic carwash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly... Just because they say have washed Raptors before does not mean it will fit. I knew my Raptor is wider than a stock Raptor and even told him the exact width at the tires. So when in doubt whip the tape measure out...

-Greg

Greg, how much wider is yours? Are you running 10's?

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No.. -12mm which makes the wheel width right at 96"

-Greg

Umm, I think we're talking about two different things or the same thing a different way. By 10's I meant 10 inch wide wheels, but I guess that wouldn't matter because of the offset. So, by 12 mm is that your offset or how far the wheel face sticks out from the fender?

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Umm, I think we're talking about two different things or the same thing a different way. By 10's I meant 10 inch wide wheels, but I guess that wouldn't matter because of the offset. So, by 12 mm is that your offset or how far the wheel face sticks out from the fender?

Yes, i have 17x10 wheels..
The tires stick out 2.5-3 inches..
-Greg

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use touchless automated car washes all the time. I have yet to have a problem fitting or getting good results, but I am running stock tires and wheels and with my paint coating I had done a while back, dirt just falls right off anyway.

Sorry to hear about that Greg. I had a similar experience with my GT500 a few years ago...those cars I only get done by hand, but my raptor is just my daily construction truck for me...