Automatic carwash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked with the attendant at our newest car wash and was assured tonight I would have no problems with the truck width or my with my three day old fuel hostage wheels. Well... I get home and both front wheels have scrapes actually in the lip of the wheels. Not big, but very frustrating. I politely called them and they said their track made it impossible to scrape anything.....right....lesson learned.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked with the attendant at our newest car wash and was assured tonight I would have no problems with the truck width or my with my three day old fuel hostage wheels. Well... I get home and both front wheels have scrapes actually in the lip of the wheels. Not big, but very frustrating. I politely called them and they said their track made it impossible to scrape anything.....right....lesson learned.

:rage:

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you elaborate?

Coal trucks run on our roads here, and the roads are all FILTHY. If it rains at all, you get a light gray scum all over the car from the road. I'm all for something that helps shed this grunge.
Opti Guard...if you dont wish to scrub road grime of your truck, get it. Its basically a protective paint coat that is applied like wax, except you wont have to wax your truck anymore, just dress the plastic a bit from time to time, and I would have to compare it to rain X for your vehicles painted surfaces. It still gets dirty, but it cleans super easy, doesnt spot when it dries.

I have seen some really bad jobs of it, as it seems to be somewhat of a real talent to get it applied right, so find someone who is super reputable, not some hack that works out of their trunk.

Here is my post originally in the never wax again thread-

I see you guys arent fans of what the OP was pitching, but just to throw my two cents in here, I went with Opti Guard and my truck looks SO much better now. It cleans super easy too. I dont know if it will last forever like they say, but best I can compare it to is like a Rain-X for the paint. It is also applied to the plastic and graphics. They guarantee it to never fade, and since I plan to keep this truck forever, I guess we will test their claim! LOL

Boss, one thing you said about Ruger not being a "car guy" I have to disagree to a point on. Im a car guy, but I enjoy spending my time driving the Raptor and Shelbys and the SHO, not washing and cleaning them. I dont believe that makes me less a car guy than anyone else. We just differ in respect to how we spend our time with cars and trucks. I cant stand sitting at a car show, or couldnt give a shit about getting an award or some concours gold whatever you call it, but I enjoy looking at cars at car shows once or twice a year. Others consider a well spent Sunday with the car a good 3 hour detail job to keep it as shiny as possible. or maybe take in a car show once a month and accumulate awards and accolades....not my cup of tea, but I acknowledge the breed of car guy that does that.

In fact, I would consider that the main difference between SAAC guys and Team Shelby guys, one group prefers trailer queening, the other prefers being two wheels off turn 4 at their favorite track.

But we ALL love cars, or we wouldnt be here.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

I did find this forum and did some research on this particular product before I did it...cant find any negatives about it.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...detailing.html

coleboyd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since i got my new wheels an tires any time i go through the car wash by my house it try's to pop outa the tracks an the steering wheel jerks around, i fixed the problem my holding the wheel straight all the way thought, havnt had a problem yet but this story makes me wonder......

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just take mine to watertown ford and have them do it. or I take a bucket of my own soapy water to a wand car wash and do it myself.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to fold the mirror to get into some of the manual qtr washes.. not sure I want to risk it with the touchless auto washes around here.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with stock wheel setup, mirror folded, I fit snugly through our local Delta Sonic carwashes ($12mo unlimted washes)... Adding 0 offset methods, It gets even tighter, but fits... Sadly my MTZs sidewall grabbers prove to be problematic and casue me to skip tracks, so handwashes for me from now on :(

Last edited: