Articulation Ramp / RTI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting. You've answered the swaybar question definitively in my mind. Mine is staying on, period.

Do you think the Truxx kit had any affect, positive or negative?

Can we use math to figure what the SuperCrew will score? Assuming Ford didn't increase travel, it will be at around a 628, right? Or is it not that simple?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great info and pics - thanks for sharing that info with us.

The Raptor does well at the ramp especially considering that it's a big pickup truck :thumbsup:

I know first-hand the Raptor's capabilities and they're quite good at more than fast desert running.

As for removing the sway bar um, well, let me just say this: I don't recommend it. Any potential benefits are overwhelmed by other issues (legal) that could impact the owner as well as the vehicle warranty.

attachment.php

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You've got a funny definition of "free" :p

PS: Get my message? Let me know :)

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Any potential benefits are overwhelmed by other issues (legal) that could impact the owner as well as the vehicle warranty.
I guess we had better stick to car washes and waxes then.... Not sure how swaybar removal would void a warranty and anyone who changes ANYTHING on their suspension (sway bars, springs, wheels, tires, adding airbags, etc) would be in for legal trouble using your rationale.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dunno about "legal" issues, but I'd hate to be in an accident and have the insurance adjuster notice that the swaybar was missing. That reason alone keeps it on my truck. And, based on this ramp test, I'm not sure the 5% offroad justifies the minimal effort to pull it off.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If a swaybar is disconnected or removed and well, you know. Say for example your Raptor happened to have to make an emergency maneuver on road and well, you know...

Should the law and lawyers be/get involved the nightmare of legal liability, etc. will far exceed any potential benefit of removal.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm on board with Kaiser on this one... I can't see how removing a sway bar on the Raptor would void any part of the warranty... and so-called "legal issues"??

My personal belief is this:

A lot of people complain and moan about the increase in regulations... the loss of "freedom"... In my opinion, the first step in that process are the thoughts we have about situations like this.

The bottom line? If you get in a wreck and a contributing factor is the mods you did? You're still at fault. Period. I'm not sure how you can be judged more guilty.

I get that some people don't understand what a "sway bar" is or what it does... and/or they don't agree with the people who have modded or removed theirs. Fine.

But consider what a slippery slope it is when you start to believe in "legal" issues. Next thing you know, changing to different wheels or tires will be outlawed. Heck, any "mod" could be deemed illegal. Maybe working on your own car would be outlawed! Or using anything but exact factory parts.

That's not a world I'd want to live in.