Allocation versus No-allocation ordering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snooky

Reaction score
Ordered 2014 Tuxedo black SE Nov 1 from a dealer with no allocation for one and no word on order being pulled.. I have found another dealer with allocation for a Raptor...... Should I cancel my original order and order from the dealer who has allocation or not????????? Please help !!!!!!! :hmmm2:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe. If they aren't just telling you that to get your business. So far it's proven that a little patience may pay off. Did you order at invoice?

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say yes if you can get your deposit back. Dealer with allocation should be about 8 weeks.

The dealer without an allocation will be around 8 weeks from when they get their allocation.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your dealer without allocation has no SVT certified technician they can't do maintence or warranty work either if that makes any difference to you.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your dealer without allocation has no SVT certified technician they can't do maintence or warranty work either if that makes any difference to you.

I don't know if this varies from state to state but in NJ any dealer that gets allocations for SVT vehicles is REQUIRED to have a SVT technician on staff.

D

Deleted member 12951

So you are saying that a non-SVT dealership cannot even do an oil change, multi-point inspection, tire rotation, brakes, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure that there's still such thing as a "SVT dealership." Years ago, only certain dealerships were certified to sell SVT vehicles and in my area, Metro Detroit, only a small percentage of them were. When SVT somewhat fizzled out during the economic downturn it seems that it somewhat returned in a different capacity with different rules because I believe you can purchase a Shelby or Raptor at all Ford dealerships. I'm not 100% familiar with the sales/service pertaining specifically to SVT, but these are just my observations.

One thing I do know is that I can't buy Ford Racing parts at my local Ford dealer parts department because they're not a "Ford Racing Dealer." They have the FR catalog and can look up parts and prices, but they can't order or sell them. I found this out when I tried to order the Ford Racing OEM Raptor wheel beadlock rings.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is BS.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

A car is a car. You don't need a SVT badge to rotate tires and do oil changes. Common guys, use some common sense. If anything a SVT certified dealership is just a marketing ploy to make the dealer franchise owners pay more to mother ford. And what what happens when a dealer gets charged more by Ford >> he turns around and charges you more.

So you are saying that a non-SVT dealership cannot even do an oil change, multi-point inspection, tire rotation, brakes, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am basing my post on that my dealer told me they are required to have a certified SVT technician on staff to service these vehicles.

Call the dealer and enquire