Airborne Raptors! JUMP Pics and Videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its one thing to jump unloaded, quite another to jump with over 700LBs of gear. Kids, don't try this at home, this RPG beast was built for the task. But first you may ask: "what the hell is this guy carrying?" here you go:

RaptorCargoweightmanifest_zps90f9f8e1.jpg

Now if you also add in the heavier suspension components, frame support, HD Springs, bigger 3.0 Shocks, plus beefier bumpers, sliders, camping gear, I am at least 1000 Lbs over stock, and you would never guess it riding in my rig, plenty of power, fantastic in the whoops and she does love to fly!

lastlight.jpg

bigairprofile.jpg

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rich, God is your copilot haha. Those voices also tell you when it's time to move your right foot to the brake. There was a crazy number of those Raptor-killer jumps at TRR, yet we managed to drive home ok without winning any Darwin Awards.

I'm guilty of torturing a copilot... someday I really am going to post a YouTube video of me bombing the Texas Raptor Run with his colorful commentary while taking a serious beating and praying not to die. He wants me to clean up the language first. Ughhhh. I prefer to be alone because its less distracting. I don't sure don't need someone in the truck when jumping.

But if you happen to be a copilot then you should get out before you get hurt if you know someone's trying to defy gravity or break a record or something dumb.

Last edited:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rich, God is your copilot haha. Those voices also tell you when it's time to move your right foot to the brake. There was a crazy number of those Raptor-killer jumps at TRR, yet we managed to drive home ok without winning any Darwin Awards.

I'm guilty of torturing a copilot... someday I'm going to post a YouTube video of my TRR copilot begging not to die. He wants me to clean up the language first. Ughhhh. I prefer to be alone because its less distracting. I don't sure don't need someone in the truck when jumping.

But if you happen to be a copilot then you should get out before you get hurt if you know someone's trying to defy gravity or break a record or something dumb.

Ryan's copilot threw up the first lap! The fiancee and I both had bruises from the seat belts and I was pretty sore for a few days. She actually helped a lot to tell me which way to turn and of hazards on the road. Plus fun to have someone enjoy the ride. I didn't run stereo because I felt like it was distracting me.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Anyone know of a good seatbelt pad... need one for this year!

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow G! Very impressive!! More jumpin' done RIGHT!!! The reality is that on extended runs we are all going to be loaded down. TRR being more of an exception - due to it being a track with a central pit/camp area. I need to revisit your build and see how the magic went down. I believe HD Nationals along with Stage 4 and 37's. Do you have the video that goes with those pics?

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Alright I'm in where is the group signup!

Hey Bird! We enjoyed your jumps on pages 10 and 14 of this thread. See page 1 "How To Join" the FRF Airborne group. Really stoked that you are doing an offroad build with your white '13. We are expecting great things... Bird's becoming a Flight Risk!

Last edited:

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E63...The G man hisself...who else has RPG proto bumpers...styling!

Actually by looking at the tires that's actually one of RPG's rigs. Looks like a pic from their photoshoot with Falken for the Wildpeak A/T tires.

Aaron FTW! That was a good guess though KX. Here's Gmoney:

View attachment 14540
Even I had to stare at that pic for a while... The tires gave it away as I never had that rubber, but those following my build or been on runs with me know I had that RPG bumper and light for several months before going to the Race-Line. I think it was Jarret at the Falken shoot

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

That was the biggest air for a Raptor I have seen. Never heard that this happened. What? were all the videos kept secret until he got his insurance settlement?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Wow G! Very impressive!! More jumpin' done RIGHT!!! The reality is that on extended runs we are all going to be loaded down. TRR being more of an exception - due to it being a track with a central pit/camp area. I need to revisit your build and see how the magic went down. I believe HD Nationals along with Stage 4 and 37's. Do you have the video that goes with those pics?

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Yes, those pics were with Stage 4 (not the re-valve) and 37"s. Jarrett took some videos but he's holding out, that or he has been a tad busy, lol! I should point out that I have taken this jump well ovber a dozen times in 4 different raptors including mine with different setups. I worked up my speed (courage) with several runs. Clint Eastwood had it right, "A man has gotsa know his limitations" and that goes for his rig too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Happened a couple of days ago. Still haven't heard where... looks like an motocross/ATV jump.

qaquba6a.jpg

Totaled it. In process of salvaging anything that didn't break or bend. Guys left in an ambulance to get checked out, but aside from tweaked backs are reportedly ok.

The Methods are definitely not!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360047552.320354.jpg

There is another thread with more details - going on 24 pages at this time

Ya know, I think that he could of pulled off this jump over a large dune with a sizable back slope - and likely had zero damage. After a number of runs to get just the right speed of course. He had ICON 3.0's, 37's, glass fenders, and a bumpstop frame kit.

This guy is the best at making these kinds of dune jumps look easy...
#3 Silver Lake Sand Dunes Blue Ford Raptor SVT - YouTube

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360047552.320354.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360047552.320354.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With all the attention going elsewhere recently, I just realized we have had quite a number of ballsy jumpers sign up here.

Congrats to all in this SIX PACK who are now members of the FRF Airborne Division:

Kanakry
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073288.184629.jpg

MyDinosaur
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073350.734194.jpg

pat'sRAPTOR
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073415.617579.jpg

E63
3u7e5ega.jpg

SVTCALI
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073531.434551.jpg

CSmith
u2ygyjud.jpg

Nice job guys. We honor your guts and glory approach to offroading fun, and celebrate your doing it safely the right way - as evidenced by driving it home afterwards!

You have been added to that distinguished list of names on page 1 which is growing by leaps and bounds. We look forward to updates from you and seeing more of your big air exploits, otherwise known to many here as suspension "trials" and "testing" haha!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073288.184629.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073288.184629.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 65
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073350.734194.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073350.734194.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 65
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073415.617579.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073415.617579.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 61
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073464.499350.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073464.499350.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 41
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073531.434551.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360073531.434551.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
John, you manage this thread like it's your job. It's the ONLY thread I know that has this many posts and had stayed on topic! That is a respectful feat.

Mods, why have you not shown some respect and made this thread a sticky yet? Half you guys are in here any way... :D

E63- I love seeing you truck fly. Hope to see it in person one day.

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor