4 SALE : Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? My headlights don't turn on when I remote start it. Just the park lights. The headlights only turn on when I turn the key to run

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? My headlights don't turn on when I remote start it. Just the park lights. The headlights only turn on when I turn the key to run

That is what mine do as well, my 6 year old daughter was telling me they were turning on after 3 seconds, she was wrong I confirmed this tonight with that being said, my HIDs never come on before my motor is running in any case, therefore there is no problem running auto,

Again Brian may use different circuits than anyone else but he has being doing these retro fits for several years now

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why not leave them on auto unless its dark when your starting your truck by not using the remote but if your starting it by the key in the ignition just turn it to off for a minute till its started? Make sense?

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked my headlights (stock, does that matter?) with the remote start. They don't come on, just the ambers. Are 10's and 11's different?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We're not talking REMOTE START. We are talking about it just getting plain ass dark outside.

Do this...

Park truck in a dark spot with it not running. Get in truck. Turn lights to auto. Turn key on and start truck. Wham, lights just came on and you started the truck and they were drawn against.

Now, if we're talking REMOTE START, that is an entirely different ballgame. For those that do not have remote start, the above and my previous post outlining what happens -- is applicable.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're not talking REMOTE START. We are talking about it just getting plain ass dark outside.

Do this...

Park truck in a dark spot with it not running. Get in truck. Turn lights to auto. Turn key on and start truck. Wham, lights just came on and you started the truck and they were drawn against.

Now, if we're talking REMOTE START, that is an entirely different ballgame. For those that do not have remote start, the above and my previous post outlining what happens -- is applicable.

You are absolutely correct, I thought that the auto light function was part of the Lux package which includes remote start, I guess that is not the case

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Do this...

Ok I get ya now..I usually only remote start my truck so I can get my AC blowing before I get in it!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did not mean to start a whole bent frame paranoia about Ducati's hid and auto lights. After rechecking all the grounds I HAVE NOT had anymore flickering even after leaving mine in Auto all the time (5 months or so).

I am positive the my flickering was caused by a loose ground..

-Greg

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I have to say after reading the posts that I made, I did not mean in any way that Sick HIDs are better than Ducatis, i am sure Ducatis are great the fact of the matter is that he was not doing them when I ordered mine or I would have used him to support a forum member

Last edited:

dkory22

Reaction score
I had some aftermarket headlights on a truck a few years back and I remember aiming/balancing them was a PITA. How is it with these trucks/projectors?

Last edited: