2024 Steering Wheel Defect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I agree, that’s a leather imperfection and it’s part of the character of leather.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I hit enter too fast, apologies..
HighwaySentinel... thanks!

I reached out to the dealership I purchased my truck from to see if they could assist. They've forwarded pic on to whoever.

They told me my local dealership "should" be able to help, but probably don't want to; because I didn't buy from them

Do you know who else can fix it? THEY CAN! The warranty is through FORD, not your local stealership service department.

Yeah, I do... I may check with the other local dealer tomorrow.

I've already contacted the dealer I purchased the truck from, but they're 70 miles away. I really don't want to have take it back there due to the distance.

I contacted Ford Customer service as well. I was told, it was best to take it back to the dealer I purchased it from

It's kind of crazy your purchase 90k truck, and that's the customer service you get
Again, the warranty on the vehicle is through FORD and any authorized FORD service department can process your concern.

That said, I agree that they’re probably going to say what you’ve heard here- it’s a leather imperfection, not so much a “defect”. It’s up to you if you want that to be the think that ruins your Raptor experience, gnawing at your very sanity with every waking moment, hearing voices in your head in a preamble to the modern version of the Tell Tale Heart.

IDK. Can you still hop a starbucks drive thru island, laying waste to their shrubbery? check
can you still go 85mph over 10 inch ruts? check.
can you drive home after the above antics without drama? check.

I say move on with life, happy that you’re a Raptor owner totally unconcerned with hypermiling a prius at 57mph in the left lane of an interstate signed at 75mph.

gdof15

Reaction score
Mine was cut by dealer (in TX) during delivery prep. Local dealer where I live (NM) replaced it no prob under warranty

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is replacing the steering wheel on my 22 under warranty as we speak. The red center stripe started to peel and the leather had stress marks all over it.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Ford is replacing the steering wheel on my 22 under warranty as we speak. The red center stripe started to peel and the leather had stress marks all over it.
I feel like a lot of wheels could be saved if people would not take the “hoppes #9 is my cologne” saying seriously. A little hand washing goes a long way ! :)
(says the guy who had a door panel replaced under warranty for --sun block-- eating the finish away...)

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like a lot of wheels could be saved if people would not take the “hoppes #9 is my cologne” saying seriously. A little hand washing goes a long way ! :)
(says the guy who had a door panel replaced under warranty for --sun block-- eating the finish away...)
I swear to god lol.