2024 Raptor Quality issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakwaas4eva

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, unintended acceleration. Regardless of root cause, Toyota intentionally covered up the issue for a decade instead of reporting it as legally required.

Another recent case if fraud in their Hino division. They always have the same BS statements:

"We are extremely disappointed that Hino again betrayed the expectations and trust of its stakeholders," Toyota President Akio Toyoda said in a statement.

The guy is a lying sack of shit. When you’re the CEO, you’re either A. Guilty or B. Complacent.

That had happened to me with the Toyota Avalon thank God I had someone with me in the car or else it's pretty hard to believe ... it took us a while to figure what the hell was going on.. my first thought was someone was trying to kill me and make it look like carcrash... my cousin that was with me ******** bricks... after I got it under control a mile out and on Nuetral... my cousin said he'll walk ... took me about 15.mins to convince him it was the matts... he threw the Mats in the trunk and sat in the back seat...lols

fkim119

Reaction score
My rear door seal on the door is coming apart. Anyone else have this issue?

I tried superglue, but won't stick....

Dano182

Reaction score
Mine showed up with a half dollar sized patch of overspray. Luckily the dealer was able to buff it out in a few minutes. Curious as to know if there is such a low level of quality control that the factory or dealership didn’t see it or if they saw it and just said f@ck it and passed it on to me? Pretty hard to miss. I saw it within 30 seconds.

Attachments

• IMG_6691.jpeg
    IMG_6691.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 112

hpizking

Reaction score
Have a '17 AG from new with 60k miles so will be "upgrading" to a new '24 soon. But I won't part with my gen 2 even when I get new as I still love it and other family members will use it. My gen 2 has been a great experience even with hard daily use and has been for 7 plus years in spite of the cam phaser issue which was fixed for free.

The QC issues in this thread, though helpful for me to know what to look for initially, won't deter me whatsoever. It is a truck after all so a little rough fit and finish is not a killer for me. I do have vehicles where my expectations have been much higher (GT3RS) but they cost 2.5X as much so bring that higher level of scrutiny.
Having been in a lot of friends new trucks recently from every marque, I just find the Raptor is STILL very special and I'm excited to see how the gen 3 compares to my old Bessie '17

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all know Ford build quality and parts suppliers aren't the best lol. But they are fun as hell toy trucks. My brother has a GMC 1500 AT4x AEV, and I will tell you that thing is night and day better than my truck in build quality and fit and finish... but it's no raptor.