2024 cracked front dif - resolved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It all seems pretty fraudulant. I am not here to talk poorly on the first dealer by name because their sales side was always great with me (early trucks at MSRP), but take it from me now - its always worth a second opinion if a claim gets denied. I will be calling the original store's GM about the whole situation. He was my original point of contact at the dealer. Given the existing relationship, I doubt he knew this was going on, but he definitely should. I am just happy that its all being covered and taken care of now.
Because it is/was fraud and they’re not even trying to hide it. Honestly, you should contact Ford customer service as well. The scumbags in the service department that blatantly tried to rip you off deserve to fired.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed, i just can’t get over why some of these dealerships are just not willing to help people with the best possible solution, as with this one, lying about the Ford warranty claim.

They get paid for warranty work, whats the issue. If I was the GM I would be furious.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed, i just can’t get over why some of these dealerships are just not willing to help people with the best possible solution, as with this one, lying about the Ford warranty claim.

They get paid for warranty work, whats the issue. If I was the GM I would be furious.
But, they and all other stealerships get paid MORE for non warranty repairs and if something goes awry, they still get paid. With warranty work, Ford pays a set amount for diagnosis and nn hours for the specified repair - and that’s it.

It’s usually not this blatant, but this is exactly why we can’t have nice things.

If it wasn’t for díckheads like this service manager, there wouldn’t be any lawyering in this world.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But, they and all other stealerships get paid MORE for non warranty repairs and if something goes awry, they still get paid. With warranty work, Ford pays a set amount for diagnosis and nn hours for the specified repair - and that’s it.

It’s usually not this blatant, but this is exactly why we can’t have nice things.

If it wasn’t for díckheads like this service manager, there wouldn’t be any lawyering in this world.
I get it, it’s about money, but if you have a good or great service department good news travels fast. I want a dealer that takes care of me after the sale as well.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it, it’s about money, but if you have a good or great service department good news travels fast. I want a dealer that takes care of me after the sale as well.
A handful of ford dealerships around me have awful service departments. For example, my tailgate rubbed on its own mounting bracket when it was brand new. I got told sorry that would take too long and it would have to go to a body shop. There’s one that’s pretty good. Not where I originally bought my truck. Guess which one we bought my wife’s car from… the one with a good service department. This is a reality they should realize. There are some people, like me, that don’t care for that type of attitude and will take money elsewhere. You can market good service and turn it into much more.

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update on my situation for anyone who cares - after the previous dealer kept with the story of not being able to dictate what happened - yet still refusing to approve the work - I took the truck to another dealer. The original dealer of course tried to advise me against it, stating once ford had denied it, the new dealer wouldnt be able to help. Nonetheless, I still went and picked up the truck - which was a pain in itself and took nearly 2 hours. It turns out that the first dealer never even submitted a claim to ford. My new advisor at the new dealer called me within 5 hours of dropping the truck off to confirm it would all be covered, and mentioned there were zero previous claims under my vin in ford's system.

Internal differential bearing failure was the culprit of the damage in the end. Also worth noting that the approved repair work came in over a $1500 below the original dealers estimate that they suggested I use insurance for. It all seems pretty fraudulant. I am not here to talk poorly on the first dealer by name because their sales side was always great with me (early trucks at MSRP), but take it from me now - its always worth a second opinion if a claim gets denied. I will be calling the original store's GM about the whole situation. He was my original point of contact at the dealer. Given the existing relationship, I doubt he knew this was going on, but he definitely should. I am just happy that its all being covered and taken care of now.
What Houston area Ford dealer did you end up working with that did a good job if you don’t mind me asking?