2022 Raptor R vs 2022 Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Any thoughts on how these two will stack up against each other? I’m sure the Raptor will be the better Baja styled truck, but the 12 year old inside of me wonders about the HP wars? Most of these trucks spend 90% of their time on pavement, so I wonder if Ford will go after things like the 0-60 times?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford won't care about 0-60 if they produce it, in my opinion. They will (IF) build a better offroad version of the Raptor like they promised back in 2009 and never went through with it.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on how these two will stack up against each other? I’m sure the Raptor will be the better Baja styled truck, but the 12 year old inside of me wonders about the HP wars? Most of these trucks spend 90% of their time on pavement, so I wonder if Ford will go after things like the 0-60 times?

I hope they do. I’m a 12 year old in my head too.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do think that the Hellcat engine is solid compared to Ford's GT500 engine. The Raptor R will be a better overall package though.

Goosed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They already have an overall better suspension and frame than the TRX. Don’t forget there are rumors out there that have been pretty much confirmed the TRX was “designed” in 2 days and built soon after for testing.

So the R version is going to be slightly retuned on suspension for the slight weight increase but just faster with the engine.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

'Pavement' would be on normal roads, not the drag strip. While acceleration matters, being able to 0-60 in 4 secs vs 5 (or whatever it is) doesn't matter much, what matters is how fast it goes from 50-80...in that range. Things like 0-60, HP, price, etc really only matter for bragging rights....which is relevant, but only takes you so far. I think a lot of people will only follow the jones so far.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to have the extra HP, but they will price this one out of the range that I am willing to spend. If they are smart, they will also do something extra and special with the appearance compared to base Gen 3 truck. The looks of the new Gen 3 is definitely not a step forward from the Gen 2; maybe a lateral move at best.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would love to have the extra HP, but they will price this one out of the range that I am willing to spend. If they are smart, they will also do something extra and special with the appearance compared to base Gen 3 truck. The looks of the new Gen 3 is definitely not a step forward from the Gen 2; maybe a lateral move at best.
I'm only guessing, but you would think it would come with better offroad lights, special graphics, more clearance and larger tires with beadlocks installed, just to name a few. Maybe even come with a roll cage or seat belt harness style frame.