2019 DEPRECIATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has noticed how bad the 2018-2019 ford raptors are depreciating now since ford over produced 2018 and 2019 raptors. For example, a 2019 raptor with 12,000 to 15,000 miles has a Kelly blue book value of $ 59,000.00. This is a truck that had a msrp of $ 74,000.00 12 months ago and was selling anywheres between $ 10,000.00 over and $ 5000.00 under msrp. I can remember in 2016 when the gen. 2 first came out as a 2017 you could not touch one for msrp. and they actually where only depreciating about $ 7000.00 to $ 8000.00 per year until just recently when ford dealers realized they had to much inventory because Ford has flooded the market with raptors. It is really a shame that ford absolutely killed the exclusivity and the market value of the raptor. One of the strong considerations for purchasing the raptor resale value, but unfortunately now a limited, platinum, king ranch, or lariat hold their value just as good as a raptor. Again it's really to bad ford flooded the market with raptors and really damaged the exclusivity and rareness of the ford raptor. It's also funny how 12-24 months ago ford dealers dug their heels in and had to get $ 5000.00 to $ 10,000.00 over MSRP, now they can't give them away. I wonder what the big difference is ? I think this explains why dealers are now selling raptors for $ 5000.00 to $ 10,000.00 under. Remember , the more the vehicle is discounted, the more it depreciates. It's just a shame Ford decided to overproduce a very special truck to where the value is no better than a Ram pickup truck.

SVT vs Ford Performance

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers charging over sticker should be a crime!

I always love reading statements like this.

The sticker, or MSRP (which stands for Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price), is simply the “suggested” price. Why on earth would a business price something different than what someone is willing to pay for it? To that point, and in my opinion, what should be the crime is when people pay ridiculous prices for those items.

The first three words of our Constitution - “We the people” set the prices of our products and goods, not the manufacturers nor the dealerships. We set the prices.

I’m venturing to guess that anyone who posts comments like this are the first ones to put their homes on the the market for 5 to 10% under market value, right? Or do you put your home up for sale for 5 to 10% over the market value because you know someone is going to negotiate down. Or perhaps test the waters to see what someone is willing to pay for your “suggested” price.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2017 and 18 were some crazy prices ADM and such . Market is saturated now, end of 2019's can be had at invoice price . I think 2020 will be last year for Raptor before new 2021 f150. If 2020 is last year for Raptor price will stay up there like the 2014 did. It will be a few years after new f150 rolls out before a Raptor model shows up. I think best value is 2019 at invoice. If you paid invoice and at least $5000 down you should be above water next 3 years if you financed it .

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It's also funny how 12-24 months ago ford dealers dug their heels in and had to get $ 5000.00 to $ 10,000.00 over MSRP, now they can't give them away.

After the last time someone said they were giving away Raptors at dealers, I went down to the local stealership to investigate.

Myth confirmed. Back in October I picked up 3 Raptors, no charge. Major PITA, signing papers all day, courtesy shuttle back and forth to my house, and... My driveway only fits Lucille, plus 2 more and the wife’s car crammed in there. Unfortunately, that means no room to get the bikes out of the garage, so I had to relent and put 2 in the back yard so I could get to my bikes. Taxes are also a big PITA.
Who knew free Raptors could cost so much.

Thanks for spreading the word though, great to spread the word. I expect incentives mid year 2020 with dealers paying former customers to take ’20 Raptors off their lots.

Remember , the more the vehicle is discounted, the more it depreciates. It's just a shame Ford decided to overproduce a very special truck to where the value is no better than a Ram pickup truck.

Let’s be honest, shall we? I’m not making money on my 2017 Raptor. I’m not going to break even, I’m going to lose money on the Raptor and so will everyone else on FRF who owns a Raptor and so will every other Raptor owner. It was true of the Jennifer, and it’s true of the current line up. The questions in my mind are, why does this concern you to the degree of being ashamed? You used the word shame twice.
Were you really wondering or, were you seeking affirmation of your at least underlying feelings of dissatisfaction on some level? Did you get a poor deal? I did, relatively speaking, I paid MSRP, but in late ’16, that was rare. Have you had a less than satisfactory experience? Warranty repairs? Or, and don’t take this personally, it’s not meant to be an attack; were you just stirring the cauldron?

Are you looking at another vehicle and there’s not enough budget or will to have 2 relatively high cost vehicles?

I get that the Rap is a distinctive and enthusiast vehicle, it’s not for everyone and much in the same way as a Ducati, it requires a level of commitment to live with. Seriously hurt your knee just once, and you’ll know there are circumstances in which the Raptor is not ideal. Maybe something else has caught your eye and maybe you’re rationalizing that younger, prettier model. Maybe you’re a numbers guy (or gal, I don’t know you) and the TCO and incidental expenses gnaw at you. Or maybe you’re a technophile and want the Tesla Truck. Whatever. My point here is that you should look into the underlying reasons for your share. What makes your comfort level such as to bring this to the forum’s respective attention.

Again it's really to bad ford flooded the market with raptors and really damaged the exclusivity and rareness of the ford raptor.

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it, but again, let’s be honest. Who here thinks the Raptor is an inexpensive bargain? I don’t. I think it’s about $15k overpriced. She’s a good truck, for sure but is it really worth $75-$80k or whatever current max MSRP is? I don’t think so. I think the maxed out Rap is about $65k worth of truck. Now, even at current pricing it is a bargain, but I think it’s overpriced for what it is. At what we pay we get really decent power, performance, ride quality, off road capability and every day livability. Think back to the ’80’s Mustang LX 5.0 5 speed. You could buy one new for $13k, head right to MIR and turn a mid to high 13 second quarter mile. with 3.73’s and good tires you could get low 13’s. I saw few high 12’s but I’m not sure what all was done to them. Bang for the buck, it was a great car. It was a 70’s Fairmont with a V8 chassis wise, but still.

I’m glad Ford is undercutting the greedier stealers out there.

DentalDoc

Reaction score
Agree! I sold my 2014 wrangler for 41k, looked up on my sales agreement and I was delighted I paid 46k nearly five years to the date.. I guess the Rubicon’s resale value outshines our Gen 2s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah used vehicles depreciate as new model years of the same thing keep coming out news at 11...ask gt350 owners about that one

If Ford goes two years again without building new Raptors then you will see slower depreciation on the current gen. That's what kept gen 1 values so high (and much lower production #s).

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true. Jeeps, tundras, 4 runners, Tacomas, and land cruisers hold their value the best when it comes resale value or depreciation. The raptor would be in this class, but unfortunately ford over produced the GEN. 2 and flooded market which ultimately has killed their value. The other factor or move that killed the gen. 2 raptor value was SVT vs. Ford performance.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
$66K new and got $55K for my '17 with 30K on it last June. Looks like I got out of it before the floor fell in.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be prepared for the floor to fall in on your Ram.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be prepared for the floor to fall in on your Ram.
You said it... and then watch out for the walls and roof! LOL

It would appear that Ram has the highest depreciation of trucks at roughly 30% in the first year. Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.