2019 DEPRECIATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cloth seats are holding up way better than my buddy who has leather. I'm bigger than him too. I'm super impressed with the cloth material! It's really thick.

The reaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam reading this now I’m rethinking should I do my f159 to raptor conversion or not ... my truck (used) dot costed me 23$ + the added cost of raptor .. even I sell it after some time it will depreciate more then what it’s worth to convert !!!! Whom am I kidding I’ll still do the conversion .. but good to know that these truck depreciate really bad !!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
supply and demand.....

you want to be a cool kid with one of the new toys on the block, you will pay more.

you want a cool truck, but dont care about being first....you will pay less.

pretty simple. $10k, 40K, $80K, or $100k....as soon as you drive it off the lot, it is worth 15% less then you just paid for it an hour before. with the exception of a few exotics...it is this way for every car ever made.

if you were thinking your truck was an "investment"....i have some real nice ocean front property in arizona to sell you. someone as wise as you should jump on this quick before the next guy does.

Chjeep

Reaction score
What is crazy, is how well Jeep Wranglers hold their resale value! Just sold my 2012 it only depreciated 5500$ bucks. They produce the hell out of those things, not sure what the story is but having had several its the same with every one I have ever sold.

Lightning_Lad

Reaction score
Back to the OP’s point. I agree Gen2 Raptor’s exclusivity is gone, dealers got waaayyy too greedy in 2016/2017/2018/2019 and are reaping what they’ve sown.
It’s still a great truck with no TRUE challenger in the 1/2 ton class. However you slice it, it’s a 60k - 70k truck new. It’s gonna lose 15-20% the second you drive it off the lot. Then pretty much stay at that value. That’s still amazingly slow depreciation.
Heck buy an $80k Mercedes and watch the value plummet to 50-60% after 18months.
2019’s should be cleared out by late Jan/ February. I think all 17,18,19 raptors will drop another 15% by March and then plateau as demand stabilizes.

To hell with depreciation, get out and drive the snot outta of the Beast, make some good memories.

Merry Xmas

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny thread. My 12 month old 2019 Porsche 911T, sticker 121k, 8k miles, is worth $82k on trade, perhaps 90k private sale.

hmm, I suck at math, but that’s about 40k depreciation in one year. Yeah, my 19 Raptor with 22k miles depreciated a third or more less.

As stated above, who cares. Drive it like you stole it every day.

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first truck I've purchased where I don't care about depreciation. I'll keep it for years, drive it off-road several times/month, not cry when bushes and branches scratch the clearcoat, and enjoy the hell out this awesome machine. When all is said and done, it'll be worth what it's worth when I'm ready to purchase Gen3.

Merry Christmas!

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first truck I've purchased where I don't care about depreciation. I'll keep it for years, drive it off-road several times/month, not cry when bushes and branches scratch the clearcoat, and enjoy the hell out this awesome machine. When all is said and done, it'll be worth what it's worth when I'm ready to purchase Gen3.

Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs