2018 New motor recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the videos, great points re: the hose splits. Although I can’t understand going that far into a motor and not replacing the oil pump. These are very similar to coyote 5.0 oil pumps. Same wear patterns, same weaknesses. I will take photos of coyote and ecoboost oil pumps to show this visually

edit: if you know the guy at fordtechmakuloco - send him my gen2.5 valvetrain list. it looks like he is still using gen2 tensioner and plastic chain guides. also not changing oil pump, harmonic balancer or lifters/rollers
So much for that 6K job lol.

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm next on the list. Almost to 130k miles. Just had cam phasers done as well. We did find that I had a hole worn in on the J pipe of my FMIC. I never noticed the boost drop but I don't typically drive her that hard anymore. The GT3 gets that out of me. My only theory is the brace in the frame cut bumper that wore through it was providing enough seal for me to still see decent boost on my ngauge. My theory is she was a ticking time bomb and once it got back to full power the something in the rotating assembly gave way. I'll know when I pull the pan. As most of you are I'm pretty mod deep in this truck and absolutely love it.

full-race geoff

Reaction score
We did find that I had a hole worn in on the J pipe of my FMIC. I never noticed the boost drop … As most of you are I'm pretty mod deep in this truck and absolutely love it.
what brand intercooler and j pipe are you using? Interested to see a photo if you have available.