2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far, I have only been able to pipe with Waze audio thru CarPlay. No visual display.

Yea it sounds like the CarPlay api is private so it's up to Apple to work directly with Waze to make that happen - so not likely until Apple opens it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my truck yesterday.

Drove it about 75 miles (that's less than Ford drove it before I got it).

Couple things I've noticed:
- You can definitely feel the tranny shifting, especially downshifting. I don't know that it's a bad thing but just more noticeable than the old 6 speed.
- Truck sound obviously is not a V8 but isn't bad because it'[s relatively quiet.
- Initial throttle tip in has some lag. Not as bad as my 13 but still some there. However once boost quickly ramps up the power is right there.
- Steering feels GREAT. I tried normal and sport. Sport makes the feel slightly heavier and very precise. I like that.
- Not really a fan of the sound system so far. I played with the sound settings trying to get a balance of treble, mid and bass that sounded good too me but have yet to find that setting. I had the Sony audio in my 13' and so far I think it sounded much better.

Truck is AWESOME!

Ok also these trucks are E-85 compatable

Last edited:

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck yesterday.

- You can definitely feel the tranny shifting, especially downshifting. I don't know that it's a bad thing but just more noticeable than the old 6 speed.
- Truck sound obviously is not a V8 but isn't bad because it'[s relatively quiet.
- Initial throttle tip in has some lag. Not as bad as my 13 but still some there. However once boost quickly ramps up the power is right there.
- Steering feels GREAT. I tried normal and sport. Sport makes the feel slightly heavier and very precise. I like that.
- Not really a fan of the sound system so far. I played with the sound settings trying to get a balance of treble, mid and bass that sounded good too me but have yet to find that setting. I had the Sony audio in my 13' and so far I think it sounded much better.

Truck is AWESOME!

Glad to hear you finally got it Darin! Let's see some pics.

I'm with you, I love V8s as much as anyone, but this engine is awesome. My friend who runs some exotic sports cars took it for a burn in Baja mode and was grinning from ear to ear. It is much more responsive in Sport and Baja than standard mode.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like so many others I didn't think the truck would EVER come. Actually came on my birthday yesterday which was pretty cool.

Sound isn't really as important to me anymore. I can get over that for performance and functionality. I want to listen to some sweet exhaust sound I'll go run my Saleen Parnelli Jones car. Ported heads, cammed and a stroker kit that car sounds pretty damn good.

Oops almost forgot. Didn't have time for any pictures yesterday and of course it's raining here today.

pottkotj

Reaction score
Like so many others I didn't think the truck would EVER come. Actually came on my birthday yesterday which was pretty cool.

Sound isn't really as important to me anymore. I can get over that for performance and functionality. I want to listen to some sweet exhaust sound I'll go run my Saleen Parnelli Jones car. Ported heads, cammed and a stroker kit that car sounds pretty damn good.

Oops almost forgot. Didn't have time for any pictures yesterday and of course it's raining here today.

Congrats Darin. You have been an anchor of reasoning and sanity for many of us through this whole ordeal.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my truck yesterday.

Truck is AWESOME!

How cool to get it on your birthday. Congrats and I too appreciate your calm demeanor.