2012 Raptors on material hold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TreeDawg7

Reaction score
Mine was a retail unit that I just happened to cross paths with. It happened to be the color and have all the options I was looking for. Thanks for all of your input! This forum has been a great help!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DANG IT!

My street truck (00 HD) is all set to be sold this Saturday. Guy booked his flight from GA to PA to fly up and drive it back. So I'll be driving my '85 F-150 every day. Hope it doesn't break down too often from being old lol. My original hopes for only 1 month of DD'ing the '85 turned into 2, and is now looking like 3. Yikes!

But hey nothing we can do about the hold ups, other than say THANK YOU RANDY for keeping us in the loop! :peace:

It seems strange about the 6.2L engine though. Could 2012 be the last year for it in the F150? I know they are going to really push the Ecoboost, that engine does not interest me, I want the 6.2L.

I'd be willing to be on that. The 6.2 is kind of the odd duck out compared to the rest of the f150 powertrain lineup. Seems like way back it was supposed to be the new big engine, then focuses went towards the ecoboost and 5.0 and aluminum block DOHC direct injection and all those technologies rather than 2v iron block combos. I think Ford just tossed the 6.2 out there for a couple years as a marker holder as the "premium" engine till the big brother of the 5.0 was fully ironed out....the 5.8 that's supposedly going in the 2013 shelby's. I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see the 5.8 take the place of the 6.2. Not the 600 hp supercharged version like the shelby, but a DOHC N/A version with 450 hp or so, definitely. Maybe the early dawn of a Gen 3 Lightning. A supercharged 5.8L DOHC engine in a regular cab?! :D Even if the new trucks are pigs compared to the Gen 2 L's. A 575 hp ("detuned" from the king of the castle shelby lol) would be badazz!

This is all just my own theory, but the news of the 5.8L engine going in the shelby the first thought on my mind was the 6.2's days are limited. Always thought it was an odd configuration compared to the rest of the Ford engine lineup. Ford can nix one more engine from it's lineup and still fill all it's needs. Rather than a 5.4 JUST for the Shelby and a 6.2 JUST for the trucks, a 5.8 that suits them both.

money$mike

Reaction score
Im just trying to get an update on this whole back order thing. I don't know if it makes any difference but I live in Hawaii. I just ordered my 2012 Raptor a couple days ago with all the extras that eveyone is saying will put my truck on hold, TUX black, nav, frnt/rear camera. So when I ordered mine the salesperson told me that I should have a VIN number sometime in december. Is this true I know it hasn't really been that long but I was just wondering if Ford some how got on top of this issue and turned things around. Also he said that they were only allocated 3 Raptor orders this month and I just got the last special order, will that help my order in any way.

Last edited:

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im just trying to get an update on this whole back order thing. I don't know if it makes any difference but I live in Hawaii. I just ordered my 2012 Raptor a couple days ago with all the extras that eveyone is saying will put my truck on hold, TUX black, nav, frnt/rear camera. So when I ordered mine the salesperson told me that I should have a VIN number sometime in december. Is this true I know it hasn't really been that long but I was just wondering if Ford some how got on top of this issue and turned things around. Also he said that they were only allocated 3 Raptor orders this month and I just got the last special order, will that help my order in any way.

its not a materials hold, its more of a QC control. they wanna make stripped down stock units first, to make sure everything is fine, and then make customer orders with all the extra goodies in them.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not a materials hold, its more of a QC control. they wanna make stripped down stock units first, to make sure everything is fine, and then make customer orders with all the extra goodies in them.

I agree that you are correct, but it seems odd considering the only changes for 2012 ARE some of the extra goodies. They've had 2 years of practice building Raptors. Instead of building stripped-out units first, you would think they would first build only units with the new features for 2012 to test the QC on the new items. But hey, what do I know?

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree that you are correct, but it seems odd considering the only changes for 2012 ARE some of the extra goodies. They've had 2 years of practice building Raptors. Instead of building stripped-out units first, you would think they would first build only units with the new features for 2012 to test the QC on the new items. But hey, what do I know?

you would think.... but also if they made changes to the line itself.... cuz if im not mistaken its not just the Raptor but ALL F-150's. so im thinking its more of a Line QC...... i guess i should have said that from the beginning....

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You better watch it, I got my ass chewed on this same post for making similar comments and being told I don't know what I am talking about.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You better watch it, I got my ass chewed on this same post for making similar comments and being told I don't know what I am talking about.

That's why I ended the post with "but hey, what do I know" because I really don't know what I'm talking about. Pure conjecture on my part.