2012 Raptors on material hold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somewhat relevant question, what is the usual down time of the plant around holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas? Do they get the full week, or is it usually just a day or two that they're down?

1-2 weeks

10/10/11

2012 MY Retail F-150 Order Reminder:

This is a reminder that retail orders for 2012 F-150 will NOT schedule until "OK to Ship" is achieved (scheduled for 11/14 in Dearborn and 11/7 in KC). Given this timing, it will likely be December or early 2012 before these retail F-150s arrive on dealership lots. Please ensure your employees are aware of the timing and manage their customer's expectations.

==========

Due to plant requirements for the 2012 MY, Raptor orders with ANY of the following features will not be selected
for scheduling until further notice:

Tuxedo Black Paint (UH)
Front Camera (76F)
Rear Camera (76C)
Hood Graphics Package (55R)
Raptor Graphics Package (55G)
Raptor Plus Package (61L)
Raptor Luxury Package (55L) – 55H Universal Garage Door Opener which is included with 55L
Navigation (58N) – 55L is required with 58N
Trailer Brake Control (67T) – Included with 55L
Until further notice, the 6.2L engine will only be available for scheduling with Harley and Raptor orders.

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this really ******* sucks :birgits_tiredcoffee
1-2 weeks

10/10/11

This is a reminder that retail orders for 2012 F-150 will NOT schedule until "OK to Ship" is achieved (scheduled for 11/14 in Dearborn and 11/7 in KC). Given this timing, it will likely be December or early 2012 before these retail F-150s arrive on dealership lots. Please ensure your employees are aware of the timing and manage their customer's expectations.

==========

Due to plant requirements for the 2012 MY, Raptor orders with ANY of the following features will not be selected

Tuxedo Black Paint (UH)
Front Camera (76F)
Rear Camera (76C)
Raptor Luxury Package (55L) – 55H Universal Garage Door Opener which is included with 55L
Until further notice, the 6.2L engine will only be available for scheduling with Harley and Raptor orders.

TreeDawg7

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I go by the name "TreeDawg", I purchased my 2012 about a month ago. I just spoke with my dealer and they informed me that I may or may not receive my Raptor in mid-November, it could be towards the end of November. BUT... He did say that everything up to this point is moving forward as planned! They are expecting all 2012's to be on schedule and mentioned that the "hold" is for the remaining 2011 orders. Just thought I'd pass this on to everyone. I, like most everyone else am excited and will be pissed off in a big way if they don't arrive when they are suppose too!
Tree

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO WHICH ONE IS TRUE :Grenade::Grenade:
1-2 weeks

10/10/11

==========

Tuxedo Black Paint (UH)
Front Camera (76F)
Rear Camera (76C)

Hello everyone,
I go by the name "TreeDawg", I purchased my 2012 about a month ago. I just spoke with my dealer and they informed me that I may or may not receive my Raptor in mid-November, it could be towards the end of November. BUT... He did say that everything up to this point is moving forward as planned! They are expecting all 2012's to be on schedule and mentioned that the "hold" is for the remaining 2011 orders. Just thought I'd pass this on to everyone. I, like most everyone else am excited and will be pissed off in a big way if they don't arrive when they are suppose too!
Tree

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SO WHICH ONE IS TRUE :Grenade::Grenade:

id believe Randy is correct and its the 2012's, i had my 2011 built on 9-22 with no issues, and Big Blue has his build date next week for his 2011, and as far as i know he has heard nothing about his order delayed. Sorry Tree but i think your dealer is telling you what you want to hear, not what you need to hear.

but as i read it, they are gonna make a bunch of stripped down 2012's, make sure everything is in order, then start making customer orders with all the extra goodies put in. might delay it a few weeks, but sounds better then getting first ones off the line and then YOU get to find any kinks in the system. :crazy:

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Tree

IMO, I think he just told you this to get you off his back.. atleast for a month or so....

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else, if I was you I would take my business elsewhere. The dealer is telling you what you want to hear. Between what Randy has said and others have been saying. Unless you are just getting a dealer stock allocation unit (RETAIL). Is the ONLY way there is any chance to see a Raptor before the end of the year!

"Given this timing, it will likely be December or early 2012 before these retail F-150s arrive on dealership lots. Please ensure your employees are aware of the timing and manage their customers expectations"

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be a downer, but I bet no one who ordered a non-'stock' truck sees their truck before the new year... You have the materials hold for whatever reason on nearly every option (for god knows how long), and the holidays fast approaching once they do get started building 'stock' orders.

I wanted to order my next truck in late December/Early January and thought March sometime was a reasonable time frame for delivery... I wouldn't doubt this thing gets all bottled up and the wait is 6 months or more for some folks.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't care if my truck doesn't arrive until next year sometime as long as it does arrive.

It seems strange about the 6.2L engine though. Could 2012 be the last year for it in the F150? I know they are going to really push the Ecoboost, that engine does not interest me, I want the 6.2L.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what this delay is going to do to the ecoboost FX4 tux black with backup camera and nav i just ordered....... you think it will fall under the same delay?