2012 Raptors on material hold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's why I ended the post with "but hey, what do I know" because I really don't know what I'm talking about. Pure conjecture on my part.

But I believe you are correct, this has nothing to do with QC. This truck has been in production for 2 years. These are minor changes. I believe that since the Raptor is not a big money maker for Ford, like regular F150 is, and since there appears to be a shortage of NAV systems its a simple supply and demand problem. They are going to go into their bread and butter vehicles like the F150 and Mustang etc. It just makes economical sense for Ford.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But I believe you are correct, this has nothing to do with QC. This truck has been in production for 2 years. These are minor changes. I believe that since the Raptor is not a big money maker for Ford, like regular F150 is, and since there appears to be a shortage of NAV systems its a simple supply and demand problem. They are going to go into their bread and butter vehicles like the F150 and Mustang etc. It just makes economical sense for Ford.

its all f-150's that are on this "hold" right now. its not a parts issue. im guessing they did something with the assembly line and thats why they are doing it. again its NOTHING to do with parts currently.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its all f-150's that are on this "hold" right now. its not a parts issue. im guessing they did something with the assembly line and thats why they are doing it. again its NOTHING to do with parts currently.

So what you telling me is they are currently not building F150's?

money$mike

Reaction score
I just got a call from my sales guy, got my order number and estimated december build date. How reliable is all that info, do you guys think that will happen.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what you telling me is they are currently not building F150's?

no customer sold orders with added options. 2011 is not affected. its 2012. first orders built will be low on options and are dealer stock trucks. then they will build customer sold orders and others with loaded options.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no customer sold orders with added options. 2011 is not affected. its 2012. first orders built will be low on options and are dealer stock trucks. then they will build customer sold orders and others with loaded options.

So your statement that ALL F150's are on HOLD is incorrect.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because he contradicts himself, I am just asking which statement is correct?

Randy has given us this update a couple of times already. (BTW... Thanks, Randy, for your amazing friendly service you provide us on this forum)

I'm not going to get into a pissing match on the forms with someone who says their dealer says ................................

BUT Nothing is on “Material Hold”??
Ford is just not pulling/vin'ing ANY "Sold" O/T 1 Orders, until OK TO SHIP is done, on the "For Stock" O/T 2 Raptors that should be built starting Nov 7th.

If a dealer wants to put a "For Stock" O/T 2 order in the order bank, then they can't order with 55L, 58N, 76F, or either graphic.
The ONLY available options are, 43M, 63E and 63T for the first week "For Stock" orders, for early builds. (They are SAVING the GOOD Options for you guys with Raptors ON ORDER......................... LOL)

This is for ALL 2012 F150's, not just Raptors.

randy

======================================
10/14/11
2012 MY (model year) Retail F-150 Order Reminder:
This is a reminder that retail orders for 2012 F-150 will NOT schedule until "OK to Ship" is achieved (scheduled for 11/14 in Dearborn and 11/7 in KC). Given this timing, it will likely be December or early 2012 before these retail F-150s arrive on dealership lots. Please ensure your employees are aware of the timing and manage their customer's expectations.