You never know when it's your time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
#3 TIRE PRESSURE…..Always good to check the Tire Pressure of both vehicles involved. The Tire Pressure can help or hinder the Recovery, based upon the surfaces involved.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You want to lower the pressure on both, correct?
I have never worried about the stuck truck’s tire pressure. They’re already beached, presumably to the frame so their traction is == zero.

Lowering pressure absolutely helps on some terrain. Lots of off road terrain, but once you’re stuck the only thing lowering the stuck truck pressure will do is increase rolling resistance ONCE the vehicle begins to move. Now, it will be subtle unless you go nuts.

I’d lower pressure on the extractor depending on terrain and available traction. Probably more so if <queue @Oldfart > I have to yank it out. Sometimes pulling and pulling and PULLING... doesn’t quite do it. So I’ve heard.

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I have never worried about the stuck truck’s tire pressure. They’re already beached, presumably to the frame so their traction is == zero.

Lowering pressure absolutely helps on some terrain. Lots of off road terrain, but once you’re stuck the only thing lowering the stuck truck pressure will do is increase rolling resistance ONCE the vehicle begins to move. Now, it will be subtle unless you go nuts.

I’d lower pressure on the extractor depending on terrain and available traction. Probably more so if <queue @Oldfart > I have to yank it out. Sometimes pulling and pulling and PULLING... doesn’t quite do it. So I’ve heard.
The stuck to the frame folks it won’t help until……you pull them off the frame, then it will help…Let Me Help You Help Me Get You The Fuxk Unstuck…lol

If you are flying solo and especially in sand, lowering your tire pressure Will definitely help in your self extraction…
We are of hoping we stop and assess the situation before we bury ourselves to the frame..lol
once you are to the frame, especially solo, it’s Chovel and MaxTrax time baby :driver::Bye::happy175::grd:

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
#4- This is #4 just because it popped into my head , so I better write it down before I totally forget it…
Trying to avoid getting stuck in the first place. This again applies more to your Solo Trail Flights, where getting stuck is a Solo Recovery, which can turn into a Solo Rescue depending on the circumstances.
A. Don’t be too lazy to get out and walk the Trail if it looks sketchy. I do this all the time. I don’t like getting stuck. Having to Self-Rescue, is not a fun day on the trail for me.
B. Turn the steering wheel left n right, left n right. It works well in sand and mud, not so much in big rocks..lol
C. If you have lost your momentum ….STOP, more throttle, will often ensure a longer recovery..Assess, make a plan
D. TRAIL CONTROL - If your Raptor is equipped with the Trail-Control, that can help get you out. You set it to 2-3mph, go from Drive to Reverse…Repeat, accompanied by turning the wheel left to right and boom, your crawling out.
All the Shixt the computer is doing to make the Trail-Control do it’s thing, is beyond my comprehension..so don’t ask, maybe @FordTechOne can explain it in layman’s terms.
I do know that when I was up on a Ridge Line, that I never should have been on..my drivers side rear slid over the edge, I got that feeling in my stomach that this may be my Last Trail. As soon as I felt it slide off, I stopped. I went to 4-Low Rock Crawl, set the Trail-Control to 2mph and it pulled me back up on to the MFING Razor Trail :driver::driver::grd::oops::shakehead:

I think there may be a YouTube video or two of using the TC to get yourself out, BEFORE you bury yourself to the frame :)

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I strongly disagree! Most times, after you yank it out, pulling and pulling and pulling is a great thing!!!

1674409419813.gif

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I’d lower pressure on the extractor depending on terrain and avail Sometimes pulling and pulling and PULLING... doesn’t quite do it. So I’ve heard.
I’ve heard there are On line Doctors that will give you Pills for this issue
PM @The Car Stereo Company , he has the specifics ;)
( I hope this isn’t some kind of HIPPO VIOLATION? )

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score

Let’s be honest, I usually don’t bother with the TP either, but…
You have to admit, just mentioning it makes me sound more intelligent and almost like I know what I’m talking about :head3: :driver::happy175::happy175::happy160: