WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiz you stood me up the other night

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

O shit brother I did...F*&K I'm sorry..I got busy with work, My dog was sick, the wife needed me,My truck had a flat and the sink was leaking....Ok Ok...I forgot...I'll ring you in the A.M. Brother....
P.S. I was kinda busy at work.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, Then the other side of the relay will energize the electric magnet in the rear end to throw the locker.. The only thing I have to look at is backfeeding the locker circuit I may need a diode..
Also the circuit needs 30 amp protection put into it...I forgot that in my equation as well..lol

Wouldn't you need two diodes? One for normal operation and one for bypass operation?

-Greg

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't you need two diodes? One for normal operation and one for bypass operation?

-Greg

When the switch is thrown to energize the relay the circuit (fuse) will be disconnected shutting down all ABS and TC function. At the same time on the other side of the relay it will put 12 volts down to the hot side of the locker wires. Thats where I will be back feeding into the Computer I don't think it's a problem but it will be looked at with an amp gauge.. The other wire on the locker is just a ground.... 1 diode needed (maybe) just for the hot...Ground is ground no worry's

BigBlueBalls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well fellow snowballers, I probably won't be making it out there. I'm currently sitting in a state troopers squad car waiting for a tow truck to pick up my raptor. Went into the ditch and hit a road approach. Popped the front drivers wheel which we changed, cracked the drivers front fender, lost some of the plastic fender flare, bent something major in the suspension that renders my truck undriveable. Worst day of my life knowing I almost certainly won't be able to participate in the snoball. It is a sad sad day for me. Ill update with pics and more info when I receive info.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When the switch is thrown to energize the relay the circuit (fuse) will be disconnected shutting down all ABS and TC function. At the same time on the other side of the relay it will put 12 volts down to the hot side of the locker wires. Thats where I will be back feeding into the Computer I don't think it's a problem but it will be looked at with an amp gauge.. The other wire on the locker is just a ground.... 1 diode needed (maybe) just for the hot...Ground is ground no worry's

I was talking about a diode out of relay to locker and one protecting locker to computer.. This way you eliminate back feeding either direction. Just in case you had locker switch pulled out and bypass turned on at same time.. Diodes are cheap, ecu's are expensive.

-Greg

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could open the wire to the PCM end with the relay. Have normal function of the locker with the relay off and auto override with it on. Can't imagine back feeding would hurt it but if it were to short out down the line that might get cranky.

I've been thinking about doing something similar but was going to use a PLC and program it all instead.

Last edited:

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well fellow snowballers, I probably won't be making it out there. I'm currently sitting in a state troopers squad car waiting for a tow truck to pick up my raptor. Went into the ditch and hit a road approach. Popped the front drivers wheel which we changed, cracked the drivers front fender, lost some of the plastic fender flare, bent something major in the suspension that renders my truck undriveable. Worst day of my life knowing I almost certainly won't be able to participate in the snoball. It is a sad sad day for me. Ill update with pics and more info when I receive info.
Holy shit dude... that sucks.

Don't feel too bad, always plenty of events you can attend... at least you're ok!