WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got the truck. Five whole days to spare... don't know what I was worried about.
:rockit:

DSC00890_zps839dc59a.jpg

DSC00904_zpsa31e307d.jpg

DSC00883_zps8e53eef4.jpg

DSC00897.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Well fellow snowballers, I probably won't be making it out there. I'm currently sitting in a state troopers squad car waiting for a tow truck to pick up my raptor. Went into the ditch and hit a road approach. Popped the front drivers wheel which we changed, cracked the drivers front fender, lost some of the plastic fender flare, bent something major in the suspension that renders my truck undriveable. Worst day of my life knowing I almost certainly won't be able to participate in the snoball. It is a sad sad day for me. Ill update with pics and more info when I receive info.

So sorry to hear this happened to you. Really bad timing, but, the most important thing is you are okay. Hope you get some good news and truck gets repaired soon.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well fellow snowballers, I probably won't be making it out there. I'm currently sitting in a state troopers squad car waiting for a tow truck to pick up my raptor. Went into the ditch and hit a road approach. Popped the front drivers wheel which we changed, cracked the drivers front fender, lost some of the plastic fender flare, bent something major in the suspension that renders my truck undriveable. Worst day of my life knowing I almost certainly won't be able to participate in the snoball. It is a sad sad day for me. Ill update with pics and more info when I receive info.

Dont panic yet, you have time. Nobody cares if you have a cracked fender or some missing fender flare. I have stock ones just sitting in my shop if that helps. Focus on whats bent, let the FRF group know what you need...you might be shocked how fast you can get that baby fixed and up and running. Hell, your are so close to the jump off point. least you dont have to leave 3 or 4 days early just to make it. Hang tough.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking about a diode out of relay to locker and one protecting locker to computer.. This way you eliminate back feeding either direction. Just in case you had locker switch pulled out and bypass turned on at same time.. Diodes are cheap, ecu's are expensive.

-Greg

I think I see what your saying..With the relay closed (Switch off) all functions would be normal and in this situation the locker portion of the relay would be open. No chance of back feeding.
If my switch is on (locker hot wired) and the factory locker switch is pulled that current (factory) is dead headed in the computer and never makes it to the wire. My concern is with me back feeding on just that hot wire I am turning on..There is only one wire being energized so only one diode is needed.
Thank you for helping me make sure my bases are covered though..
As stated diodes are cheap Computers are not...

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

Dont panic yet, you have time. Nobody cares if you have a cracked fender or some missing fender flare. I have stock ones just sitting in my shop if that helps. Focus on whats bent, let the FRF group know what you need...you might be shocked how fast you can get that baby fixed and up and running. Hell, your are so close to the jump off point. least you dont have to leave 3 or 4 days early just to make it. Hang tough.

I have some upper control arms you can have...

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With my H3, I unplugged the locker from the diff and put a connector with two wires from the body side and twisted them together. To show a closed circuit. I ran a 12V relay with power and ground on a separate circuit to the locker. This has allowed me to bypass all computer nannies for the locker and use it in all configurations, at all speeds (GM programming only allows e-locker in 4lo and under 15 mph).

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

One step closer to Snoball. "Black Sheep Automotive" bedrack installed with HiLift Jack Mount. Few more things to tidy up and the bed will be all set!

538446_819314260557_286095849_n.jpg

BigBlueBalls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well these are the best pics I could get, changed the flat tire and then found out my steering is way messed up and the wheel is pushed back into the fender to where my mudflap should be. Had them drop it off at the ford dealership in Williston. I won't know for sure until they can look at it to see what's wrong with it. Me and passenger are perfectly fine, and my frame isn't bent from the jump which is good ;) I just don't foresee it being fixed by Thursday morning is the major bummer, I had so many shenanigans planned that will possibly never happen.

If anyone feels like donating, I can give you my address to send parts, cash, booze, new Raptor, or a time machine. Any and all donations accepted.

-6688-4159-9665-12D9EA071704-3410-000002621242833E.jpg
-3C66-47C8-B980-B31A371A1773-3410-00000262249E63B4.jpg
-9539-404A-AEEA-DAF83B1AA592-3410-0000026239501ECE.jpg

Gunpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok WIZ.. I am CALLING YOU OUT... Get your stuff fixed, and ready to go! Your running out of TIME... We need you there.. this waiting until the last minute to fix stuff, and modify the nannies is making ME nervous.. You have until Sunday midnight... the rest of the week should be there JUST IN CASE you need parts, or something broke!

You need a hand.. call me.. I will be there!

On that note... MANY times before a trip I always wanted to do that last mod, or change something... many times that backfired and put me in a bind to be done in time.. with that said..

5 days to run your raptors hard, and work out any kinks! 5 Days to adjust your lighting, wire your commo, adjust your suspension, or install your racks.. etc etc.. All I have to do is pack clothes..and pick up the second spare from Tim. (Knock on Wood)

No one gets left behind!

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh no, delta force man down...

Explain to the dealership the importance of completing the mechanical repairs by Friday morning. Ask them to pull out all the stops. You have a week, it may work out. Keep your chin up, even if you make it for Saturday and Sunday, it would be worth it.

Yukon Joe

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my H3, I unplugged the locker from the diff and put a connector with two wires from the body side and twisted them together. To show a closed circuit. I ran a 12V relay with power and ground on a separate circuit to the locker. This has allowed me to bypass all computer nannies for the locker and use it in all configurations, at all speeds (GM programming only allows e-locker in 4lo and under 15 mph).

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

One step closer to Snoball. "Black Sheep Automotive" bedrack installed with HiLift Jack Mount. Few more things to tidy up and the bed will be all set!

538446_819314260557_286095849_n.jpg

Ok WIZ.. I am CALLING YOU OUT... Get your stuff fixed, and ready to go! Your running out of TIME... We need you there.. this waiting until the last minute to fix stuff, and modify the nannies is making ME nervous.. You have until Sunday midnight... the rest of the week should be there JUST IN CASE you need parts, or something broke!

You need a hand.. call me.. I will be there!
I know you would be here to help my friend...I might need your foot to help bleed the brakes back up as I don't have a power bleeder "yet". My Snap On man said "it's back ordered"...
The truck is ready really. These are just "up grades"...lol 4 bolts to put the seat in, a quick bleed and i'm ready for the trail.
I still O you a beer from X-Mas..Thanks again for that...

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I want to say a big thanks to brad the icon rep for getting me a set of shocks before the run. These things are so much better then the king shocks I had on my truck before. I can't wait to put them threw a test but I know they will pass with flying colors. So for anyone looking into getting shocks icon is the only option I would say. The customer support is second to none. I know because king just sucks at that I called and emailed for 6weeks with nothing coming back to me. I call once into icon and they answer the phone and are more then willing to talk answer any questions and will work with you to fix any problem. I can not say enough how great of a company they are and looking forward to meeting Dylan he is riding in my truck for the run. Thanks again Tim