WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, who's gonna make the 3,000th post??

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I don't know all these pages everyone speaks of, with things set to 40 posts/page.

My bed bolts came right out too... with a cheapo cordless impact, I was even prepared and went and got some PB and a propane torch that I didn't need.

I dropped my truck off this morning for the Xpel Stealth wrap, after seeing their portfolio type deal of other cars they've done I have zero doubts it will be an awesome job. They've done 2 different Ferrari FXXs, a Veyron, a couple super limited edition ferrari californias, more than a couple Aventadors, etc.

The owner told me he'll be sending me pictures as they're doing it starting tomorrow morning, and probably a video of it being done that'll go on their website as it's the first Raptor they've had.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Worst / best new article read with in an UP accent

If I remember right, it is the 3rd weekend every April. Usually located just north of Muskegeon, MI. Organizers are the Two Tracker 4x4 club and GLFWDA. Usually attendance is in the 100's. Basically the organizers find the worst parts of the state and national forests in the area and organize clean-up.

Here is a quick summary from this year. Taken from GLFWDA.org

Every year I'm AMAZED at your generosity and dedication to the trails and the event.

I can't thank you enough for coming out!

YOU are the TRUE environmentalists!

Preliminary totals look like 150 yards of trash and 525 tires this year.

I have to figure the shingle amount yet.

That brings us to 900 cubic yards and 3,450 tires total for the event's run!

That's AWESOME!

Registrations were down roughly 17%, but with the economy in the crapper, that's a lot less loss than I thought we might see. I was worried we might see as much as a 50% reduction.

But no, you care too much to let that happen.

To be honest; I find it touching.

This year, I would have NEVER imagined that 90 cubic yards of dumpster space wouldn't hold the trash from ONE teany, tiny, short, little, lousy piece of road!

I have to laugh at myself for being a poor judge of space, I guess . . .

I thought 3, 30 yard dumpsters would be enough for both the nasty road and the dead end counterpart (on the south side of that same little lake) to be completely cleaned.

BOY! Was I wrong!

I can DEFINITELY tell you were there, but there's still so much more to be done!

There was a little dead end trail not far from the Area 10 Dumpsters that I have NEVER been down because the trash pile blocking it predates my having a driver's license. It's now open, so I went down it . . .

Right to another area FILLED with crap!

The amount of trash out there is absolutely U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E-!!!

BUT!!!

IT IS WORKING!

The volunteers in Area 4 spent 2-1/2 hours driving every trail in their area - and didn't even find so much as an empty cigarette wrapper! That place was just as trashed as many of the roads in Area 10 (well maybe not quite THAT bad).

Now? NOTHING BUT FOREST!

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up an extra pair or wiper blades for the truck today. It would be good to have in case they get frozen up, hopefully we have snow.