WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I mean yes and no....
is it still bright enough for the normal folk out there? sure it is.
is it bright enough for us hardcore guys... **** no.... you loose 40% ARE YOU CRAZY!?!?!

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing that really sucks, is you lose 40% of the light when mounting a light bar behind the grill (as verified not long ago by a member on here with a light meter, remember?).

So your 15,000 lumen bar is only actually getting 8,000 or so in front of the truck! That's the only thing holding me back, as it seems like a waste of potential light. With my current bumper, there's really no extra space for another bar. Maybe a custom job will do, but a double stack on the bumper might look silly!

However, maybe having all the brightness of the amber bar isn't really needed... and it sure looks cool glowing behind the grill!

Yea, I remember that....it does kinda suck to spend so much and not get the whole output. Was even thinking I could cut out the Grill and go with more than one smaller bar like what Raceworks did on Andy McMillin's blue prerunner...that came out really cool.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a great shot....love it. Dont think the grill loss effect is hurting ya too much! LOL

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if you are losing 40%

I admit there is some lose but from this picture. The 10watt fog lights in bumper and 35 watt HID are about the same intensity as the bars behind the grill. Still blinding either way..

View attachment 14909
View attachment 14910

-Greg

Damn that looks like a the surface of the sun. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Banned
Reaction score

I admit there is some lose but from this picture. The 10watt fog lights in bumper and 35 watt HID are about the same intensity as the bars behind the grill. Still blinding either way..

View attachment 14909
View attachment 14910

-Greg

Yep, you lose quite a bit.
Can't remember who, but someone on here tested it with a light meter. You do lose lots.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah rick claimed you lose half, and somebody said he was full of shit... So a Lux meter was used and it ended up being about a 40% reduction.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Blue tested. The thread was "Two switches of death ray".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. I cannot be responsible for grammar, punctuation; or speling.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

View attachment 14909
View attachment 14910

-Greg

I love these shots Greg. You can even tell its a vehicle.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amber does look totally bad ass, but you can't use it legally because you can't drive legally at night on the roads without your head lights on. Having your head lights on when the snow or dust is in your face defeats the effect. A grand for an amber bar is great if you are off road enough to enjoy it.