WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know everyone that is flying in has their airport pick-up figured out, but just a reminder I am only 15-20 minutes from Metro and can pick / drop off anyone if they need it.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top Ten list for Java at the Snowball

10. Thank Jason for organizing this event
9. Check out McManus duratracs to see if they are the end all he claims them to be
8. Figure out how Netix can buy all those killer mods
7. Check out who has the best light for the snow.
6. Send praise to all the sponsors and donors
5. Ask the ICON guru to bless my shocks
4. Check out the WSI cage
3. Meet the Wiz and his truck
2 Tear up the trail with no significant damage
1. Make another great memory with my copilot son

Don't forget Mark! I think he helped, a little!

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try buddy, I try!

On a side note, I pulled my bed bolts in prep for my Dodge Sprinter tie downs. Snapped a damn POS Husky T50 bit, so ran out and bought a Craftsman and a breaker bar. Ended up rounding out one of the bolts near the bulkhead, but since there are another two right against it, I'll use those. Dodge is closed today and tomorrow, so I'll get my tie downs and get them in.

Interesting thing to note, my bolt shoulder was not fused to the washer, so no grinding for me.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the varying winter terrain we covered on the pre-run we didn't just have snow. We encountered everything from super soft powder to snow covered glare ice. The Grabbers are not a winter tire and while you may have traction in some areas it would only serve a false sense of security leading into a different type of surface, ie going from hard packed surface with ice & gravel patches at 75mph and rounding a bend immediately hitting loose powder on top of a glare surface. I can't stress enough the importance of having an all-terrain or snow rated tire for this.

Now... if you guys are wanting to see a little of what is to come check out the http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f112/snoball-500-post-pre-run-video-19551/#post329252
Agreed! But surely the traction with ANY tire will improve greatly, and can't hurt... There's no negative side-effect or reason why people shouldn't air down, right? Unless I'm missing something...

Like I said, we run at 25psi all the time on the highway sections on our runs, even on super hot days... and it's not an issue, doesn't seem to hurt the tires for short trips. Obviously not something you'd want to leave aired at 25 for thousands of miles (although I leave mine at 30 when cold, usually).

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
John Dee forecast for the UP:

"5-10 DAY FORECAST:

I hate to sound so negative, but the bottom line is, the outlook for this period looks even worse than the 1-4 day period. There is little to no system snow seen to occur and little to no LES is seen either.

In fact, temps actually look to start to warm by Friday and the weekend, but will likely stay below freezing for highs in all of the Northwoods. However, by the first half of next week, it looks like a west to east flow will import mild Pacific air into the region and cause temps in most of the region to rise to above freezing for highs. It is possible that some locales in the far northern Northwoods could see temps remain just below freezing for highs, but the threat is certainly there for all areas to see some level of thawing occur.

11-16 DAY FORECAST:

The pattern for this time frame sees temps to cool back down enough to remove any chances for thawing across the Northwoods, but areas to the south could still see some daytime highs go above the freezing mark. There also does not look to be much in the way of new system snows to occur, with some light to moderate LES possible in this time frame."

-Greg