WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there isn't too many bumps or whoops... you'll be fine.

If there IS a lot of bumps and whoops... hahahah... hahahaha... take pics after.

Oh I plan to!
My WSI race rack is going in the day before we head up for the event, so I'm going to have to make due for the pre-run... Think of this as an experiment since there will be quite a few people not running racks during the run. If it doesn't hold up on the pre-run, I'll be the first to say so & explain how I fixed the problem.

Mark

Last edited:

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, those setups works well... until you hit a few good kickers and everything goes to hell. Then from there it's a snowball effect, haha.

I tried a similar setup on the first raptor run. Ruined both my fuel and water tank, and broke a strap as well.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those setups works well... until you hit a few good kickers and everything goes to hell. Then from there it's a snowball effect, haha.

I tried a similar setup on the first raptor run. Ruined both my fuel and water tank, and broke a strap as well.

pun intended? ;)

I think it'll be ok since we won't be hitting very high speeds due to the snow, but it's better to find out on the pre-run rather than the run itself.

Mark

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anybody tried running with the tire and other stuff strapped down with the D-rings attached to the bed bolts? I am going to have to try that because I won't have a bed rack. That means I need to search back through the forum to find the D-rings that others were using and try to get them installed in time. If that doesn't work, you all better look out for flying tires, lol.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where are you in IL? I plan to get the bolts and install them soon, I could give you a hand if you want. I'm near Gurnee.

I appreciate that. I am in central Illinois, Pekin to be exact. Whenever the truck gets here I have a local shop set to install a bunch of things for me. There won't be time for me to do much on my own since the truck, bumper and lights are all still in transit. My truck has gone almost all the way around IL in the last week. It is in the Chicago area now as of yesterday. I know it will be here soon, but it is irritating knowing it is touring the state.

By the way, which D-rings are you using? I think most of the posts I read mentioned a Dodge part?

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate that. I am in central Illinois, Pekin to be exact. Whenever the truck gets here I have a local shop set to install a bunch of things for me. There won't be time for me to do much on my own since the truck, bumper and lights are all still in transit. My truck has gone almost all the way around IL in the last week. It is in the Chicago area now as of yesterday. I know it will be here soon, but it is irritating knowing it is touring the state.

By the way, which D-rings are you using? I think most of the posts I read mentioned a Dodge part?

I'm going to go with the Dodge ones yeah. They seem to be the best fit. I've searched the Interwebs but can't find anything that looks to be a fit like the Dodge ones.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the predicted snow cover for the area being close to 18-24+. I doubt there will be flying tires... I have a feeling it is going to be slow to medium speed run.

-Greg
Yeah, it's definitely going to be slower than most runs due to the lack of traction and snow depth.

I'm in Southwest Michigan right now and the snow is coming down hard! Resisting the urge....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackmass19