window tint brands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Suntek=:badidea:

I put Suntek Carbon on my '14 screw 2 weeks ago. As soon as I got it out in the daylight, I knew it was a big mistake. Suntek tint has a green tone to it. The factory tint on the back windows has a lot warmer brown tone to it. Side-by-side they don't look great. First thing my wife said when she saw the truck was, 'why are the front windows green?'

Three days later, I paid another shop to remove the Suntek, and apply Pinnacle F1, a high-end ceramic tint. Expensive mistake, huge difference. It matches the backs really well, even though it's lighter @ 50% (state law).

I highly recommend Pinnacle F1 for our trucks. I'm attaching a photo showing Suntek Carbon on the left next to Pinnacle F1 on the right.

I have Pinnacle F1 15% on all side and rear windows and love it. Nice and dark and blocks out tons if heat.

About windshield tint, I have SAT 75 on my sunroof. This is Solar Adaptive Tint that is darker during the day and lighter at night. Something like that would block out a ton of heat coming through the windshield.

Reaction score
Hüper Optik 30...

06lp.jpg

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out this link. I am having it installed this week. I am told that the max tint is 40%, but they make a clear 0% film for the windshield.

Crystalline Automotive Films - Clear automotive window film for cars, trucks - Crystalline - 3M US

Do you know of any tint for the front windshield that will help block the heat and fading, but be light enough to look street legal? Cops around here are good about side windows, but would draw the line on a front windshield and I would hate it too. But just a though, to help keep the heat out and interior protected. Thanks..

1fastdoc

Reaction score
Suntek=:badidea:
I put Suntek Carbon on my '14 screw 2 weeks ago. As soon as I got it out in the daylight, I knew it was a big mistake. Suntek tint has a green tone to it. The factory tint on the back windows has a lot warmer brown tone to it. Side-by-side they don't look great. First thing my wife said when she saw the truck was, 'why are the front windows green?'
Three days later, I paid another shop to remove the Suntek, and apply Pinnacle F1, a high-end ceramic tint. Expensive mistake, huge difference. It matches the backs really well, even though it's lighter @ 50% (state law).

I highly recommend Pinnacle F1 for our trucks. I'm attaching a photo showing Suntek Carbon on the left next to Pinnacle F1 on the right.

Reviving an old thread in case anyone else is searching for this type of info.

I had looked at different brands a couple years ago for my BMW and wound up going with Panaflex Ceramic. The reflection was great but when the sun was shining through it also has a green hue, which I'm told is the natural color of ceramic tint. Ok for a German car that has a factory green hue to the glass but no way I'll put that on the red Raptor.

It was nice to see this post as there is a dealer here that uses Pinnacle F1.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had Spectra Photosync on all windows of my 911 including the windshield and it was perfect. Incredible heat rejection and color was perfect. Very expensive though