Will Ford make a 2015 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw that as well. I got the impression they were just testing the ecoboost engine. Cool video though.

False. 2015 Ford F-150 Baja 1000 Prototype - 2014 NAIAS in Detroit - Road & Track

In the most recent Baja 1000, Greg Foutz (big surprise) ran a disguised 2015 F-150 wearing aluminum body panels stamped out in the 2009-2014 body styles. Pretty sneaky. They did, however, say it was kept as stock as possible. I'm guessing this was not a Raptor mule as it would at least have to be wider and with all the good publicity I doubt they want to disguise the Raptor during its Baja debut.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if I believe that truck had aluminum panels, hell they could not even make aluminum door panels for the 2015 F150 I saw at the auto show last month.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't be the first time that a pre-production vehicle wasn't 100% at an auto show. I also don't believe they've allowed anyone to see inside the engine bay, right? At the work truck show, the hood latch cable was disconnected.

JSRAPTOR

Reaction score
I was speaking to a good source in Ford Canada and what i was told that is YES 2016 .Year for SVT development .. Possible 5.0L ego boost . Also possible enclosed off roader ..Wait and see what GM does with HUMMER replacement and Ford will answer appropriately.
GMC Reportedly Working on Hummer Successor In-Depth: General Motors Designing HUMMER-Like Vehicle In GMC Design Studio | Hummer Guy Unknown if it will be the Dead Jeep killer HX concept seen in Transformer movies or Fulll size (H2 ) or H2 SUT TYPE . I like to see ford come back with a Bronco type SVT .

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think if Ford brought back the Bronco and allowed SVT to make it into an extreme off-road machine that might be the only thing stopping me from picking up a Gen2 Raptor as a 2nd project truck. We can dream!

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, 5.0 "ego" boost. That would probably be an appropriate name if they built that engine. All I know is that it better be something with 8 cylinders so it doesn't sound like crap when you put exhaust on it.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, 5.0 "ego" boost. That would probably be an appropriate name if they built that engine. All I know is that it better be something with 8 cylinders so it doesn't sound like crap when you put exhaust on it.

AGREED!!! 6.2 with SC....:flamingdevil:

Battle Born

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.2L

I was told by my dealer today, that he has heard for sure there will be no 2015 Raptor or 6.2L engine "They never lie" . I told him I wanted it even if it has the Eco Boost, has soon has he can put in my order, Oct, Nov, December, I don't believe Ford would have a reason to stop producing Raptors in 2015. I just don't see it.

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer just called me. Confirmed no 2015. But said will be back in 2016. :)
Told him I will see him in 2017.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk