Will Ford make a 2015 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A heavy, cumbersome diesel carries very little appeal for a Raptor application but it may have it's place in a regular F150. Ford put it's money on the Ecoboost though and I don't think that was a bad gamble. I would still prefer a gas motor in a 1/2 ton. If I had a need for a diesel, I would jump back into a Super Duty.

Now I'm going to add to all the speculation with a prediction of my own. A sub 5.0 V8 Ecoboost, say around 4.7 liters, powering the Raptor, a Tremor variant (or 3rd gen Lightning if you will), and an SVT massaged Mustang.

formuladriver01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned but,...if you watch the video on ford.com of the 2.7 ecoboost f150 in the Baja 1000; the truck has fox shocks on it. I wonder if that is a concept setup for the next gen raptor?
y6ehahas.jpg

Last edited:

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although that was the old/current body. Not the aluminum 2015, right?

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned but,...if you watch the video on ford.com of the 2.7 ecoboost f150 in the Baja 1000; the truck has fox shocks on it. I wonder if that is a concept setup for the next gen raptor?
y6ehahas.jpg

I saw that as well. I got the impression they were just testing the ecoboost engine. Cool video though.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good friend of mine working design at ford in Dearborn says they are continuing making ford raptors in 2015 because it is selling so well.. There will be some modifications but didn't get into detail. Target date is September '14.

I vouch for problemed bcuz I've been hearing the same thing too. So no need to rush a '14 order

Ford will be lucky to have the plant up and running without any problems by September, after all the retooling for the new truck. Yet alone worry about a new Raptor.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the idea of the ecoboost in a raptor, even more than the diesel due to fuel cost, but it's close. We just bought a Taurus SHO with the EB motor and it is a rocket ship. Amazing power, handling and the T is a big car, comfy too. Prolly gonna change from the daisy wheels, but they look better up close than the pics show. I would imagine that the weight diff between a diesel and the EB would be in the hundreds of pounds, and with the regular 2015 F150 aluminum body panel savings of 700lbs, the new F150 I expect will be a barn burner at the sales counter if they price it right. Although, I also drove a twin turbo BMW 335 Diesel, aluminum block with cast iron liners. It had something like 425 lb ft of torque and turned on ramps into launch ramps. Uber fast, and the diesel is LIGHTER than a comparable V8 by like 200 lbs. When we bought our Raptor, we tested an F150 with the EB and it was mighty impressive, but, alas the Raptor won big in the bad ass category, and I really didn't like the faux-wood print interior panels. Looked kinda lame IMHO.

Attachments

• 00I0I_afvIINmidDc_600x450.jpg
    00I0I_afvIINmidDc_600x450.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 46
Last edited: