Will Ford make a 2015 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm anchoring a show called Street Smart at 3pm temporarily. Next week I'm anchoring a new show from 4-5pm on Bloomberg TV.

More importantly, I will pop up all day with cool car stories -- and motorcycle shit. Today we unveiled the new Ducati Diavel!

Richie_chi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be that ford will stop production of the current F150 and retool Dearborn for the 15's first while KC will handle f150 production until it's retooled for the 15's. If there is going to be a heritage line like ford did in 2004 where you could get the new body style or the previous model it would probably be handled by KC which unfortunately can't handle the raptors width. So I say no 2015 heritage raptor is likely IMO, which sucks cause I would of liked an SE raptor looks like I'll have to just enjoy my 13

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread. If Ford goes with the luminum body, and tailors it after the 2015, that would be sweet. Now, if it has a diesel...OMG!

Interesting note: I was talking to one of my buddies that works at the RAM HQ (note, they are not calling them "Dodge" trucks any more...but you probably knew that) and poked him about "RAM" not having a Raptor competitor and he winked and said "wait and see." Read into that whatever you want, but the 1/2 ton RAM 4x4 will have a diesel and they will be advertizing mpg's in the mid/high 20's with torque around 430 ft. lbs allegedly....although it will be a Fiat diesel, not a Cummins...ugh.

Attachments

• ford-f-150-raptor_600x0w.jpg
    ford-f-150-raptor_600x0w.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 78

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want an SE, why not just buy a '14 SE?

Also, IMHO Chrysler interiors and Chrysler quality is always such a huge letdown, with the possible exception of Jeep.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suppose if it wasn't cost effective after the retooling, they wouldn't make one. But who knows.

I'd love to see a diesel in a raptor!

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
I just spoke with my cousin who, to quote Ron Burgandy, is kind of a big deal in one of the Ford Dealerships. He told me that Ford does NOT have any plans to discontinue the Raptor.

Take it or leave it.

ADDGrant

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just spoke with my cousin who, to quote Ron Burgandy, is kind of a big deal in one of the Ford Dealerships. He told me that Ford does NOT have any plans to discontinue the Raptor.

Take it or leave it.

^^^

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've owned a couple diesels and no way would I buy another one. What's the point? Higher cost to change oil. Higher fuel cost and, no, better mileage does not offset $.40 higher per gallon cost. Heavier engine and lousy truck balance.

Actually, I probably won't outlive my 2012....

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Diesel engines are more reliable, way better for towing, and last a lot longer than gasoline motors.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Diesel engines are more reliable, way better for towing, and last a lot longer than gasoline motors.

I'd call BS on that.

They are not more reliable in my experience. In a long haul big truck, obviously yes but in a daily driver the way most pickups are driven I think it a toss up with the new gas engines. My 2000 F150 crapped at 262,000 miles. Most "home owner" diesels run about the same. It's the start and stop that kills diesels. Bought a starter?? About $5-600.00. My 1993 F150 went over 275,000 and was still running but getting very sick!

I'll give you a plus on towing. But, how many miles do you tow? Actually my Raptor has 1/4 of it's miles towing and even with 8000 lbs behind it, it just hauls ass. Yes, probably 3-5 MPG less than a diesel.

Even my old 1993 F150 would go places a diesel could only dream about going. I hunt the back country and in snow. I've driven right through drifts and over the tracks where my buddies diesel was stuck (Dodge). Lousy nose heavy handling and it would make a lousy Raptor.

Last edited: