Who's still waiting for their '14? Post up so we can see who is still waiting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fawkkkk mine has not moved for 10 days!!! How the hell is it a company can employe a shipping company in todays world that can't get something moved in a reasonable time. Id bet mine will be 10-12 weeks in shipping.

OP
OP
JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to the owner of my dealership last night when I picked up my truck. I view him to be a VERY honest guy-seriously. He stated that he can still place orders but needs to do so in conjunction with his regional reps. As he calls them, junior corporates...He said that with their blessing, they are still getting orders through but it sounds more and more like if your dealer has a good relationship with his regional rep, orders will still be accepted and filled.

I waited a long time for my truck-he said that weather caused all sorts of problems this winter. At first I took this at a high level but as he started talking about it more, it made sense. Weather issues in Michigan-cars/trucks get backed up getting on the train, moving along, getting unloaded. The part I did not think about-the Northeast. The NJ rail yard snow dig out of current cars plus having no where to put new cars because of all the snow they had to move makes perfect sense. He said Ford was delaying orders and shipping more orders south and west because of this. Maybe BS but seems really logical and believable to me and he has always been very straight forward with me.

My "salesman" Mark Ervin is the owner of the dealership (Mark is a friend of a close friend of mine) A dealership his father Mel started almost 40 years ago in a small town in Mid Michigan. Although I've never bought from them before, I feel that this has been one of, if not the best dealer experience I've had in the last 20 years of buying new vehicles. Not once have I felt pressured or like I was lied to what so ever. Mark has answered my questions and has given me answers without hesitation. You can tell when someone is lying on how they stumble over their words or take a while to answer you, I haven't run into that at all. This whole "allocation" process is ****** up, but theres no sense in crying over spilled milk because it (although I've done more than my fair share of bitching) is what it is no matter how ****** up any of us think it is. No allocation, no truck bottom line. Mark told me he had an allocation available for me. He actually cancelled an order he had for a Raptor on his lot so my order would get pulled first. It sounds like he has a good relationship with his zone manager (rep) as well. I am fairly confident I wlil have a vin # sometime next week- HOPEFULLY. :banghead:

If not, Marks getting shot :rotflmao: j/k Mark You know you gained a customer for life :cheers:

I can see how this years snow has had an affect on shipping. This is the 2nd largest snowfall on record we have ever had in this area in Michigan so I can see how this has impacted shipping.

Well, looks like my (1/9) order didn't get pulled this week.

Texted my sales guy about allocation (as in does he have any) and got a text back that the Ford Rep was there yesterday and assured him that all orders would be process. So I texted him back that this was great news, but didn't answer my question about allocation. He texted back, no allocation for "stock orders". !? (are we having fun yet).....So I asked what that meant and...you guessed it....it means that he has no allocation for orders they place for their stock (on the lot or in the showroom). I kind of figured that out. At this point I just let it go.

Does anyone know, is there more than one allocation (stock, retail orders and fleet maybe) for dealerships?

What that means is they reailzed they need to pull customers orders first, instead of orders for dealer lots since balance out in all areas in going to happen real soon. This is a good thing. I see someone from Ford has been reading on here. So the bitching some of us have been doing looks like its going to pay off. :cheers:

This is in line with what I heard. No stock orders only customer orders. Yes there are those trying to work their way around that and the Regional reps are there for an extra level of policing.

:cheers:

Fawkkkk mine has not moved for 10 days!!! How the hell is it a company can employe a shipping company in todays world that can't get something moved in a reasonable time. Id bet mine will be 10-12 weeks in shipping.

Ford doesn't own the shipping companies if thats what you're trying to imply. They have contracts with outside shipping companies

bubbajr

Reaction score
Ordered 1/13/2014
ruby red screw se with graphics
Dora Same Day
Called SVT, Order Has Been Received
no vin yet

Last edited:

saGz

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can track an order (independently) if it's already been shipped with an ETA etc? You know, like UPS tracking type?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know ford doesn't own the shipping company and that they have contracts , thats even worse , they have made crap deals to get their product out in a timely manner.

OP
OP
JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know ford doesn't own the shipping company and that they have contracts , thats even worse , they have made crap deals to get their product out in a timely manner.

A lot of the problem was weather related like Kojack19 said. We had the 2nd most snow on record her in SE Michigan.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Dad ordered his Feb 21st, DORA the 24th. Vin and build week info today.

Build week is April 21.

OP
OP
JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feels like a bad nightmare that i am never going to wake up from??? I have never been thru so much ******** to spend $55,000 in my ******* life.

I hear ya man. :nono: You'd think Ford would be jumping thru hoops trying to build more and get em to us as quick as possible

Every time I log on here and read about someone ordering later than I have and getting their order pulled and a vin# and build date before me I literally want to do this :throw: