Who's still waiting for their '14? Post up so we can see who is still waiting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense taken. Although it's working out for me I do agree with you. Provided a dealer actually has an allocation and isn't lying about having one (which I assume is happening to a lot of folks here) then the orders should be pulled and built on a first come first serve basis... unless of course there are parts delays with certain options selected or something like that that would cause your order to be delayed. I'm still not totally knowledgeable on the whole order priority system that Ford uses. My dealer said he'd put it in as a top priority... I don't know if dealers have so many "high priority" orders that they can use or what but my order did seem to leap frog many others. On the other hand, I know my dealer had an allocation available and I'm assuming some of the other dealers did not when they said they did.

I honestly do hope you get yours all squared away soon, best of luck!

Thanks

I ordered 3/1, got my VIN today and now waiting on ETA. My dealer had 3 allocations when I ordered.

I don't see how this is [possible

Good news to those waiting for their build . The commodities hold is apparently over, Ford okaying builds.

Where did you get that info from other than a thread that was posted on here?

salty545

Reaction score
Ordered: 3-25-14
Order No: 0444
Dealer: F74990
Priority: 10
Terrain Screw.

Will be very happy if I have it by September. You can do it FORD!

OP
OP
JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW i must have done something really wrong in my previous life?

:thumbsdown:

This is from the text conversation between myself and the dealer today

Me

I'm reading online that the "commodities hold" is over now and vins are now being issued again for Reports. Heard anything from your zone manager today?

Dealer

I did talk to her. She said the first week of April when the factory will give her more info on scheduling units.

Me

That's next week. When did you speak to her last?

Guys are saying online that they have started getting vins today

Dealer

Just this morning. It was on a bunch of different items. But I wanted to keep on her with your order.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to the owner of my dealership last night when I picked up my truck. I view him to be a VERY honest guy-seriously. He stated that he can still place orders but needs to do so in conjunction with his regional reps. As he calls them, junior corporates...He said that with their blessing, they are still getting orders through but it sounds more and more like if your dealer has a good relationship with his regional rep, orders will still be accepted and filled.

I waited a long time for my truck-he said that weather caused all sorts of problems this winter. At first I took this at a high level but as he started talking about it more, it made sense. Weather issues in Michigan-cars/trucks get backed up getting on the train, moving along, getting unloaded. The part I did not think about-the Northeast. The NJ rail yard snow dig out of current cars plus having no where to put new cars because of all the snow they had to move makes perfect sense. He said Ford was delaying orders and shipping more orders south and west because of this. Maybe BS but seems really logical and believable to me and he has always been very straight forward with me.

Tmak27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to the owner of my dealership last night when I picked up my truck. I view him to be a VERY honest guy-seriously. He stated that he can still place orders but needs to do so in conjunction with his regional reps. As he calls them, junior corporates...He said that with their blessing, they are still getting orders through but it sounds more and more like if your dealer has a good relationship with his regional rep, orders will still be accepted and filled.

I waited a long time for my truck-he said that weather caused all sorts of problems this winter. At first I took this at a high level but as he started talking about it more, it made sense. Weather issues in Michigan-cars/trucks get backed up getting on the train, moving along, getting unloaded. The part I did not think about-the Northeast. The NJ rail yard snow dig out of current cars plus having no where to put new cars because of all the snow they had to move makes perfect sense. He said Ford was delaying orders and shipping more orders south and west because of this. Maybe BS but seems really logical and believable to me and he has always been very straight forward with me.

Did he say anything about the orders picking up now? And the wait being a lit less?

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk