Whipple Raptor owners STEP INSIDE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buster32

Reaction score
At least they are responsive to you. I can't get my case worker to call me back. I have surge at cruise speed and a surge at deceleration. He acted like he hasn't heard of such. This forum says different. If it is an install problem direct me that way. I'm open to try things. Just don't want to be left hanging.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
[PleaseE=buster32;401108]At least they are responsive to you. I can't get my case worker to call me back. I have surge at cruise speed and a surge at deceleration. He acted like he hasn't heard of such. This forum says different. If it is an install problem direct me that way. I'm open to try things. Just don't want to be left hanging.[/QUOTE]

Hello to the forum!

Wow, are you saying you have the Jon Lund Tune?

If that's the case you would be the third one that I have talked to that is still having problems with his Tune.
I know he has been crazy busy with races and some personal stuff as well.
How many data logs and revisions have gone through?

Tell us what mods you have other than the Whipple.

I am assuming you didn't do the Whipple Tune first just to make sure your install is sound?
Please, Keep us up to date

Last edited:

buster32

Reaction score
I just have the Whipple tune. Installer shipped the pcm to Whipple.
The only mod is SW cat back lightning exit location. The first and only dyno was yesterday, it pulled 428 in 3rd (speed limiter still intact). AF at max HP was 11.9. I don't remember the torque, just have to call him to print it for me and I don't have fuel numbers. It was kind of an impromptu test. Truck has 4k miles on it. Hope this helps.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, ok I was under the impression that you went with a Jon Lund Tune since you posted on this thread. My bad!

Whipple's tech support is great, you shouldn't be having a problem contacting them.

The AF should be at 14 and not waiver to much you might have a lazy O2 sensor, or a air leak somewhere.
Just guessing.

428 rwhp is way way too low something isn't right.

You're going to have to contact Whipple and give them a snapshot or a recording from a OBD11 scanner.
You are also going to need to see what your fuel trims are both banks, short and long

Last edited:

buster32

Reaction score
I'm new so I guess I didn't realize it was john Lund tune thread, just saw Whipple owners step inside. I will get this forum thing figured out. I will get the stuff your talking about and try calling again. I don't have a handle on AF. The guy running the dyno said he would rather see it at 11.5. I've got more learning to do.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

He did say 14 around idle but 11.5 on the top end. Does that make sense?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are correct, this is a Whipple thread that's way I said "my bad"

Whipple would be the best on answering the AF numbers for their Tune and our trucks.

locouno

Reaction score
I'm new so I guess I didn't realize it was john Lund tune thread, just saw Whipple owners step inside. I will get this forum thing figured out. I will get the stuff your talking about and try calling again. I don't have a handle on AF. The guy running the dyno said he would rather see it at 11.5. I've got more learning to do.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

He did say 14 around idle but 11.5 on the top end. Does that make sense?

correct 11 to 12 on the top side is perfect 14 on top you will be melting pistons 14 to 14.5 at idle is the average. Personally think u have a tune issue had surge with my whippled gt500 mainly on a easy to average accel never when my foot was deep in er. Found mine to be the tune i had from vmp took to my normal tuner and it dissapeared.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Whipple Tune for the Raptor has no issues, PERIOD!

It's been proven time and time again.

It's always something wrong with the install or too radical with the exhaust and is outside the perimeters of the Whipple Tune.

I am confident that Buster32 will sort it out with Whipples help!

I have a video up on the Whipple vs Roush thread, you can see the AF and the short fuel trims.
Just keep in mind that I'm running Whipple's 63 lbs. injector Tune for stock exhaust.
The AF is steady at 14 at idle and peak rpm it's at 11 to 11.5

I know the Mustangs had issues with Tunes in the beginning, until Ford came out with the GT500 Tune unencrypted.
Now everyone has used this model, and after years of tinkering around with this base model most Tunes out their are solid for the Mustangs.
Many Tuners are trying to use the same OUT DATED files for are Raptors and many have come up short.
The Raptor's PCM have new and more wide band parameters and still growing with every year since 2010 1/2 and the old GT500 files are just not compatible for the most part.
This is also the main reason for turning off the O2s and safeties, this way these Tunes can get by with out throwing every code in the book.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Just as an update....Patrick at psi retuned the raptor and it drives a WHOLE LOT better. Pretty much got stiffed by John Lund as he promised to get the truck going and never delivered to the point he blamed me for the install i did; even though there was nothing wrong with my installation. SOOO id like to thank Patrick and the rest of the camp at PSI for squeezing me in and getting the job done...THNX!:bigtu