Which Radar detector for '18 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waze is all I run, and no tickets using it

I used to be like this but got pinched by laser in the south a few weeks ago doing 95mph

R3 was silent, but I saw the trooper and knew I was toast

What pissed me off about Waze is this was at 11am on I95 south, tons of cars and the trooper was in a place where everyone could see him - he told me he was there for about 10 minutes so was disappointed not a single Wazer reported him

Just bad timing, still love Waze but it isn't the end-all-be-all especially at night vs laser (can't see cops, radar won't alarm on laser hits)

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my first big road trip from Denver to UT for the Raptor Assault. Not sure if UT is known for speed traps or if it was due to Easter weekend, but my R3 slayed it. It picked up every single speed trap. Every Ka band was a trap or a cop driving with their pop dar on and every trap had a Ka band. Can't say enough about this thing. Highly highly recommend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My R3 arrived yesterday, blend mount arrives tomorrow. Should have it installed before the weekend.

Having had 3 different V1's over the years, I'm nervous about the deviation from Valentine but the R3 has phenomenal reviews.

Morn

Reaction score
Yep I picked up an R3 a few weeks ago. Love it so far. I run that along with Waze and my own situational awareness.

I've heard great things from those who run ALP. If I drove more often on longer stretches of road with fewer cars on them, I'd probably invest in that.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the MaxII and works great. Looking to upgrade to the Max 360 soon. Also, trying to figure how to setup the mirror wire tap or should I run a wire to the fuse box.