What's with the attitude from Dealers?? ADM...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clemsondds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that seems to get scoffed at when mentioning msrp? I've been trying to find a Raptor R and have contacted a lot of dealers. Almost every single one that I email, seems to have an attitude and act like I am nuts for even suggesting the crazy idea of looking for a raptor r at msrp. I even mentioned that I'm willing to pay a little over msrp, but not $35k and everyone just says good luck. I get that they want to make some money, but there's no need to be rude. Or maybe it's just me. Sorry for the rant. I'll keep looking

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to be a trigger for them. If you're willing to pay ADM, don't bother mentioning MSRP. Just try to get the deal as good as you can. Also, salespeople at the dealership are d0uchebags and have a rightfully earned inferiority complex. So, there's that.
Ha good point. It’s crazy though. Had a non ford dealer selling a used one for $20k over msrp. He said that at auction they are going for $15k over msrp.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If nobody will sell you one at msrp, it probably is crazy to think you can get one at msrp. Just sayin'. :)

You can probably order one at msrp and wait, like most of us did in the bad old days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If nobody will sell you one at msrp, it probably is crazy to thing you can get one at msrp. Just sayin'. :)

You can probably order one at msrp and wait, like most of us did in the bad old days.
tried to order one. Just spoke with a dealer…he said it would be $45k over msrp to order one. :/ I hate to leave Ford…got a ‘23 f250 kr tremor that I bought new…called the dealer I bought it from and asked about ordering a raptor r…said there would be a big ADM.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in PA. When I wanted to order my '20, most of the dealers acted like cocky ****** bags if you didn't jump at the chance to pay ADM on MSRP. I read about a large dealer, Capitol Ford in Charlote, and called them. Within minutes they said they would order me one for $500 over invoice. I used that info to make up an email and sent it to all the dealers in the region that I had a deal out of state, but would rather buy local from them. Within a week I had 2 of them agree to the same deal. Weird thing was that in person both of these same dealers acted like I was a HUGE ******* for asking for the same thing. I always assumed you would get better treatment when you are in person at the dealership, but it ended up being the opposite. Dealers are strange birds! :banghead:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
tried to order one. Just spoke with a dealer…he said it would be $45k over msrp to order one. :/ I hate to leave Ford…got a ‘23 f250 kr tremor that I bought new…called the dealer I bought it from and asked about ordering a raptor r…said there would be a big ADM.

The stealerships are making a calculation that very few RR buyers are affected by 7+% interest rates with 6 & 7 year financing. They’re calculating that the truck is marketed at well to do buyers with at least a little bit of fúck you money. I think that’s why you can find the Raptor 801 at MSRP or under all day long, a few are coming to the realization that no, the 37pp is not in fact stitched with platinum threads, and has gold inlay in the panels. Buyers in that bracket are financing for the most part. Buyers willing to pay a buck fifty OTD aren’t in need of financing. It’s similar with GTxxx Mustangs too. Once people stop paying stupid money for the truck, it will become easier.

RdR2027

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have purchased a 23 801a and a 24 802a from the same dealer along with several fleet vehicles (6 or 7 F250s) over the past five years. I talked to them about ordering a R and they said it would be 10k ADM. I laughed at them and told them I would look at another dealer. They came down to 5k ADM. I told them I could get that deal from any dealer. They said that was as low as they could go. I called another dealer and was told 5k was all they could do. That is the story here in Idaho. Other customers said they couldn't even get the 10k deal.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted a Raptor since their inception. REFUSE to pay MSRP most times but NEVER EVER over. 2020 hit as did covid. Paid invoice for a brand new 2020 802a at 1.9%. I don't regret the wait, and would have an R now for the same but not a penny over MSRP.