What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
When it says 0 miles you still have about 2 gallons in the tank. I’ve driven ~15 more miles and put over 36 gallons in mine. The “rated” spec capacity and actual capacity are not the same.

Even my ‘21 ExplorerST rated at 20.2 gallons, actually will hold 21.5 when actually filled to capacity.

That said, if you stop filling at the first pump shut-off you’re leaving a lot of air in the tank and the max travel distance will be lower by some margin, depending on your driving habits. The only time filling to max capacity could be a problem with evap is if you did it and left the vehicle sitting there over night. Even then if it was cool weather it would be fine.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's gonna be a busy weekend, boys...

View attachment 466786

Not pictured: "new" shocks, K02s, and new transmission fluid and filter. Haven't gotten the filter yet so I'm holding off on that til maybe next weekend. Then after that she's getting undercoated with Surface B'laster.
200.gif
Looks like a fun weekend, which shocks are you installing?

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
Looks like a fun weekend, which shocks are you installing?
Just some takeoffs from a 2020 model I found for a decent price. The guy I bought them off of switched to Kings after only a few hundred miles. After the swap I'm going to give rebuilding a shot, but I haven't seen too many guides on rebuilding the live valves. I can't imagine they'd be too difficult though. If all else fails, I'm going the SDi E-Clik route and sending them out to be re-valved.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pic, but just changed the oil after my road trip…. One nice surprise was that the blow by in the catch can was the cleanest I’ve ever seen on my truck. It’s usually a sludgy chocolate-milkshake looking mess, this time just a nice thin oil consistency; only ~20% full too vs. usually pushing 50% full at my normal 5K(ish) change intervals.

I guess sustained higher speed running is better for the engine than stop and go traffic while commuting!

Next up: Wash the bug guts off this thing!

i-nnLn7F2-X4.jpg