What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txmxer

Reaction score
An observation after new phasers installed... the drivetrain noise at idle before I took it in sounded like a diesel - like a rod was bent or something, it was awful. So, bad phasers can do that too because now it purrs like a kitten.
How bad was your phaser sound? Im going on week 3 with mine at the shop too. Mine was just starting to get bad, but I don think I had the drivetrain noise. Maybe I'll notice a difference when I get it back.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How bad was your phaser sound? Im going on week 3 with mine at the shop too. Mine was just starting to get bad, but I don think I had the drivetrain noise. Maybe I'll notice a difference when I get it back.
Really, really bad. On a side note, I reinstalled my FB catch can, changed out the plugs, topped off the coolant and did a thorough visual inspection. All looks good so far. If I'm feeling bold I may swap out my hood vent for the one from @EL Snagadore just sent me.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooooh....ahhhh.... They ain't Fox Factory. But they are factory Fox. :fc5716bd:And they're brand new. Front set is inbound Should be here day after Christmas. BFG's showed up today too. So she should be riding pretty good by the end of next week.

Now I just have to research where I should send the old set of shocks to get rebuilt........ or debating on just selling them to recoup a little cash (which would go right back into other truck stuff haha).

image_50425089.JPG

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I put my replacement hood cowl on from @EL Snagadore - I also went through and retorqued my intercooler pipes and things as I know they were removed during the cam phaser operation. I also noticed the tech didn't run my morimoto headlight wire correctly IN FRONT of the coolant bottle - Was gonna hit the radiator fans at some point but I fixed that. @GooseTuned fixed my tune for me as the OEM tune changed with the phaser replacement, he literally had it to me in an hour - on a Friday evening before Christmas no less! Winfield just has the best customer service of anyone I've ever dealt with, period, so thank you kind sir!

Here's a pic of the replacement cowl, looks sweet - the old one is pretty rough.

IMG_0515.jpeg