What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nacho226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed it last night so I haven't had much time to really feel it out. But for the 30 minute drive I did to work today, it worked great and is so pleasing to the eyes. I'm always using Apple carplay so being able to have apple maps the size of the entire screen is truly amazing. I'll get another picture when I get off work.

I got mine from Aliexpress, there seems to be no specific brand. Its the same one that Autotec sells, but that because they're just a drop shipper/distributer. It uses Android 13.
ALIEXPRESS
AUTOTEC
Youtube Video that convinced me to get one

Autotec is located in Canada and is dedicated to tesla styles screens, therefore the customer support will be much better than buying straight from China aka aliexpress. However, I will say that the people I bought it from were pretty responsive to any questions I had. Shipping from China took exactly 7 days from when I ordered.
There's also a whole thread on this specific screen/system
THREAD

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all I’m still doing the little stuff but it’s fun, cheap and easy and makes a difference

Attachments

• IMG_5169.jpeg
    IMG_5169.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5829.jpeg
    IMG_5829.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5649.jpeg
    IMG_5649.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5651.jpeg
    IMG_5651.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 23

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't cover all the steps since it's been posted so many times, so just the finished product. One of my favorite Raptor DIY mods, easy, looks good and a maintenance upgrade. I had to cut off the little bracket overhang that covers the top nut as it won't work with ARP bolts. IMG_1762.jpg

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my cover for a while and been hearing a lot about the tabs, I haven’t put it on yet because I only have a couple thousand miles on the new rear axle and no sense in changing new fluid. So I’m guessing about 15,000 to 25,000 miles I would like some input on this thanks everyone for the help

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I’ve had my cover for a while and been hearing a lot about the tabs, I haven’t put it on yet because I only have a couple thousand miles on the new rear axle and no sense in changing new fluid. So I’m guessing about 15,000 to 25,000 miles I would like some input on this thanks everyone for the help

I would swap it out at 5k miles. Gives you an opportunity to check for metal in the fluid.